CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 09, 2003, 06:39 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Ok binchunker had these instructions
BINCHUNKER
WHAT IT DOES:
Converts binary files (.bin) into ISO images. Most .bin files are accompanied by a .cue file. You must make sure your corresponding .cue file resides at the same loca-tion as the .bin file you are trying to convert. The extracted tracks will be given the name entered in the label

What game are you trying to backup and is it a dvd image?
Did the files come with a text or read me file?
Old Dec 09, 2003, 08:16 PM

I gat it!Finally! Sheeez!I thought that I needed to burn the cue file along with the bin,and that wasnt the case,at least not for this one.I simply burned the bin using toast and 1x speed .OK Ive successfully made a backup from a pre existing rip.Now how exactly do I make a backup of a ps2 dvd from scratch?That is ,how do I rip a ps2 dvd to fit it on cd rom in os x..or is that possible?Or for instance rip a ps2 dvd to the point where it can be unrar'd and then burnt on cd rom.I really want to backup my copy of FFX because my son is at the stage where anything expensive is delightful to destroy.
I dont think I can suck up enough,but thanks again-U R DA MAN!
Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:04 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by mikey3k1 [/i]
[B]I gat it!Finally! Sheeez!I thought that I needed to burn the cue file along with the bin,and that wasnt the case,at least not for this one.I simply burned the bin using toast and 1x speed .OK Ive successfully made a backup from a pre existing rip.Now how exactly do I make a backup of a ps2 dvd from scratch?That is ,how do I rip a ps2 dvd to fit it on cd rom in os x..or is that possible?Or for instance rip a ps2 dvd to the point where it can be unrar'd and then burnt on cd rom.I really want to backup my copy of FFX because my son is at the stage where anything expensive is delightful to destroy.
I dont think I can suck up enough,but thanks again-U R DA MAN! [/B]
***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17312&highlight=back+to ast

This should straighten you out

Last edited by ps2daddy; Dec 10, 2003 at 12:09 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 11:43 PM

I appreciate the HOW TO on backups,but I didnt notice anything specifially on ripping the dvd ps2 game down to a managable size and /or turning it to a bin file so that I can put it on cd rom.Or will it copy a dvd to cd -r through the same method as you listed on the HOW TO?I know you said you backed up like 800 megs ut almost 2 gigs on dvd would be a stretch right?Can it be done on OS X or would I need VPC?
Old Dec 11, 2003, 11:06 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by mikey3k1 [/i]
[B]I appreciate the HOW TO on backups,but I didnt notice anything specifially on ripping the dvd ps2 game down to a managable size and /or turning it to a bin file so that I can put it on cd rom.Or will it copy a dvd to cd -r through the same method as you listed on the HOW TO?I know you said you backed up like 800 megs ut almost 2 gigs on dvd would be a stretch right?Can it be done on OS X or would I need VPC? [/B]
the 812MB .bin file is close to the ~700MB iso size

Right now they dont have any Mac tools to do this yet

1st you need a dvd-rom drive and cd-rw
Then
You have to figure out how to reorder the image and downsample video and/ or audio and reorder them figure out how to leave out or add stuff and wokr with dumy files.

Everygame is different so no 2 are exactly the same and there are kits that make it a lttle easier but its1000 X easier to just amke a dvd-r.

Also the se DVD-rips (DVDs put onto cds put more wear and tear on your laser since it has to constantly go back and forth seeking)

Last edited by ps2daddy; Dec 11, 2003 at 11:10 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 03:52 PM

Ahh..interesting,didnt know about the laser issue.Silly question though..no way I can burn a dvd-r with my cd burner eh?