CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 12, 2003, 11:45 AM

sponsored links

ok thanks for the help....like i said i'm a little skeptical b/c i did delete something already (formatted the cdrive so now its at 0mb...but when i choose it and then format it using the nfts option...but this is where it sits there at 0% and than pops up with this partsmgr.sys blue screen saying drivers pending aren't etc.....do you think i maybe just didn't delete the right thing, i mean it gives me only one option to choose from (my cdrive, aka hd)...
i'll try it again when i get home, but you think it will bypass that partsmgr.sys blue screen?

also i press the d button, than enter, then the L button to delete everything?
Old Dec 12, 2003, 12:44 PM
Veteran

If you follow the directions during the setup phase it should work. If it still is giving you that problem try either a different xp cd or cd rom. Is your cd bootable? or is one of those you found?
Old Dec 12, 2003, 01:13 PM

no its def bootable b/c when it says boot from cd press any key, i press a key and it starts to load windows from the cd rom....my windows is def fine i think, i think its the computer... i will try to delete everything again like u said....maybe i missed something....i just don't understand why its even giving me this partsmgr.sys blue screen....
Old Dec 12, 2003, 01:19 PM

i've been looking at other posts about using a boot disk??...
like this one

If your using the boot disk, need to go to dos and type fdisk. Removve all partitions. Reboot. Then bo back in fdisk and create the partition. Reboot. Then go into cd rom support and then format c:

i had win me...should i use a boot disk too? or is it fine just to boot off of the win cdrom itself......i just really want to get this to work....thanks
Old Dec 12, 2003, 01:37 PM
Veteran

If your booting from cd, there is no need to fdisk. Some people dont have the bootable cd and have to use a bootdisk. You should be able do everything from your cd. Remember delete all partitions first during the setup process ( when it asks where you want to install windows) then a format.

Last edited by Mr Snatcher; Dec 12, 2003 at 01:39 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 01:59 PM
Veteran

Take this link and look at How To Partition and How To Format
***********.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm

or look here ***********.webtree.ca/windowsxp/clean_install.htm