CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 13, 2003, 06:44 PM
Veteran

Default Need help connecting evox xbox to pc with flashfxp and linksys router

sponsored links

Any help greatly appreciated. I have tried searching through cdrom-guide and xbox-scene but havn't been able to fix my problem. I have slowly but surely been learning Evolution x over the last couple weeks and now I want to hook up my pc to my xbox. Im using the latest slayer evox. Ok- I imagine I am missing something very basic here- here is my setup: I have cable internet,windows xp, and a Linksys wireless acces point router with 4 port switch. I dont have a driver disk or manual for the router as I got it for free. Im using a 30 ft ethernet cable to the router and a cable out from my pc/nic card to the router. I am trying to use Flash fxp to transfer some files. I was told that once I had a connection my xbox would show up in the box "on the right automatically". Nope- that didn't work, so I have tried typing in the ip from the evox settings screen, (192.168.1.200) or 0.0.0.0 at the top, and "xbox" for the name and password and then tried quick connect. No luck. I know my cables are good by the way. I have tried doing this with the internet unplugged as well- makes no difference. I have my computer set to automatically find ip addresse info and the xbox set to NOT use static ip. My computer says it is connected, and my xbvox's line status says "100/full duplex" .Again any help greatly appreciated. Let me know if I need to give more info about anything.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 07:39 PM
Veteran

routers need software, if you visit the manf web site you should be able to get the software.

I think that router supports a DMZ zone which might be worth looking into.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 11:28 PM
Veteran

So no way without software?, because Linksys didn't have any on their website for it. What is manf? Did you mean "main website?"

Thanks- any other info anyone?
Old Dec 14, 2003, 01:31 AM
Veteran

Make sure your router has DHCP enabled. You can access your routers configuration by using its gateway IP.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 04:54 AM

hi m8
dont know if this helps or not just started myself on the xbox.
the settings on the xbox ip - your number
subnet 255.255.255. 0
gateway 192.168.0.1
then on your computer you have to go to
control panel/ network connections/ local network/
local connection two/ properties/ tcp/ip/ properties/ use the following ip address ip 192.168.0.9
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
leave xbox on evox screen no disk in the xbox / on the flashfxp clickquick connect type in xbox 1p address user name password both xbox click connect. hope this helps know i am a newbie but you can try it works for me. with the new evox dashboard d drive shows up as c drive