CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 21, 2003, 10:42 AM

sponsored links

i always use the same ip.bin that comes with the zerotools pack for all my games, it's kinda weird...and yes, same bitrate.

i think that ssf2x doesn't have an ip.bin inside its files anyways
Old Dec 21, 2003, 10:52 AM

You lucky bum. I can't get this game to selfboot for sh[b][/b]it. This is the only DC game that I can't get to work. I also want to change the music. Could you post exactly what you do to selfboot it?

Here's a tip. Use the ADX player for PC and see if the new ADX files with the SF 2 CE music plays correctly. Also make sure you use ENCD.exe to make the ADX files.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 01:34 PM

also, your ip.bin might need certain flags enabled. you need an app called ipbin4win.exe. search google.

Hacker999, i found a way to get 11700 lba stuff to selfboot on my pc. download an app called, ISOFIX from cdirip's homepage. except i never tried it on ssf2x yet. you can try.

-first binack the boot bins to 11700. i don't know what lba for the 1st_read.bin. its set at 45000. so binhack to 45000?? every other boot bin to 11700.

-mkisofs the plain files with lba 0,11700

-IPINS the ip.bin into the .iso.

-use ISOFIX on the .iso. type in lba 11700 when asked.

-it will make a file called fixed.iso and header.iso

-burn them like so....

cdrecord -dev=x,x,x -multi -xa1 fixed.iso
cdrecord -dev=x,x,x -eject -xa1 header.iso

try it in your dc. remember, i didn't test this out yet with ssf2x, but i've booted a couple of 11700 games(sf3 3rd strike, alpha 3) using this method.

good luck.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 01:45 PM

i have ipbin4win, but how can i use it for ssf2x?

well, my methods:

1st i recorded sf2ce music using nebula music player, jukebox.
then i adjust their volumes and stuff like that, later i change them into .wav files, and then i use adxencd for converting into adx's , and for looping'em.
the i use isobuster for extracting all files into the data directory in c:\selfboot..and then i do the echelon selfboot tutorial, you know....binhack.exe, mkisofs -C .... , ipins, burning audio.raw, and finally burning the iso in cdrom-xa, m2... then happens the following:
1.- ssf2x boot loads pretty sweet
2.- there comes the intro (at this time, all controller ports are like dead or sth...(although i still can reset the DC with abxy+start)
3.- there goes the demo, slow as hell
4.- when the demo fight starts, both energy bars decrease completly.
5.- it stays a little , and then "here comes a new challenger" appears...
6.- the char selection screen comes up, but no slowdown in here.
7.- a new demo fight , slow again.
8.- it freezes
9.- ...freesbie
Old Dec 21, 2003, 01:50 PM

oh, to get ssf2x's original ip.bin, you can use dj to make a .cdi image of the cd, then use cdirip on the cdi.

or go to fileforums.com to the dc forum and d/l IP Extractor.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 02:36 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by hrb2k [/i]
[B]oh, to get ssf2x's original ip.bin, you can use dj to make a .cdi image of the cd, then use cdirip on the cdi.

or go to fileforums.com to the dc forum and d/l IP Extractor. [/B]

does it extract an ip.bin even from a selfboot game that doesn't have any ip.bin among its files? 'cause i've looked into it with isobuster and there's no ip.bin at all