CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 21, 2003, 11:53 AM
Veteran

Question Exactly what do I need to be able to play backup GBA games?

sponsored links

Obviously a GBA and the roms, but do I just then need a linker? Do they come with memory cards or do I need to get one seperately? Would that then be it? Presumably they connect to PC via USB or something?

I know there's numerous posts in herre about GBA, but most seem to asking for preferance of which to go for, and nor referring to exaclty what you mean.

If anyone has a link to a straight forward guide it would be helpful.

Thanks.

Old Dec 21, 2003, 02:24 PM

You just need a flash card ,I recommend the ezfa, the red card here ***********.gbax.com
Supports all save types ,has rtc and great support ,with regular software updates ,to handle new save types as they come.

To use you just plug in the usb to gba cable ,connect the gba to the pc.open thw writing software turn gba on while holding ,select and start.Once connected select the roms you want and click write.That's pretty much all there is to it.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 04:18 PM
Veteran

Thanks Haku

So the EX-F USB kit here? ***********.gbax.com/index.html#ez ? Is the kit the same as the Cart and Linker cable togther?

Can you have multiple games on a cart?

Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 05:09 PM

Yeah the ez-f kit is the cable and card together and yes you can have multiple games on one cart as long as you have room.You can have

eight 32mb game
four 64mb games
two 128mb games
one 256mb game

Currently the largest games are 128mb ,no 256 yet and you can have other stuff aswell like ,nes games with pocketnes .

They don't have the best price on the card so you might wanna shop around ,I just got from there as they are in the uk and offer 24 hour delivery.

Look here for more info on everything ***********.gameboy-advance.net/

One thing ,the card size is in megabit ,so a 32mb rom will show up as 4MB when download to the pc.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 10:53 AM
Veteran

I use Littlewriter, its free software works with NT...

I have a flash advance, old but works great. When you have too many games though your saves tend to overwrite each other. This is because it uses 4 save slots, so when you play game 5, it uses one of those 4 slots with a previous save. Some software can overcome that.
Old Dec 24, 2003, 06:51 AM
Veteran

I would get an EZF advance 256mb linker set.
best point is if you only want to remove one rom to add another you dont have to format and write the whole cart over again unlike the F2A which i used to have