CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 27, 2003, 10:59 PM
bjc9313

Default VCD won't play on my DVD Player??

sponsored links

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum.

I have an MPEG Video or movie whatever u want to call it and i converted from MPEG to VCD using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 and then i used Nero 5572 to burn it. This is how i set up my Nero. I run Nero i got a screen i clicked Close Wizard which brought me to another screen and then i scrolled down the list and then clicked on Video-CD and then click New and then i dragged my movie or video file over to the left side and then i clicked File and Write CD. I had it going at 2x the slowest. My burner can only burn at 8x but i had it at 2x. When i put that CD in my drive after it was done burning it played with Power DVD v. 4 fine. I also opend the drive on the movie and there was all folders and no movie to click and play. It still won't play on my DVD Player. I get a message that says this. Can not play this disc. Please check this disc and i know all my CD's r good none r bad. However my Uncle made me a SVCD and that plays on my DVD Player so a VCD should play too with no problem but it doesn't. Could someone help me with this please?? Please reply back as soon as possible. Thanx guys.
Old Dec 27, 2003, 11:19 PM
Banned

I seen DVD player play one and not the other. What brand is your DVD player? May your player only likes SVCD that on mad on good friday in a rain storm after eleven at night. LOL . Realy just tell us the brand and we can go from there.
Old Dec 27, 2003, 11:21 PM
bjc9313

Samsung.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 01:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by dsantamassino [/i]
[B]Samsung. [/B]
???? Does it have a model number??
Old Dec 28, 2003, 04:43 AM
Veteran

dsantamassino,

my personal experience of Samsung DVD players is that they are very picky at playing VCD's in general.... I've binned mine years ago If you're not already, try using reliable media like Ritek, and better still CDRW as they seem to be preferred, best still - get rid of it as it's the most productive method of sanity.

HTH, T.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 03:39 PM
bjc9313

NotAHacker,

I seen a couple numbers on the back of my DVD Player so i got the one that i thought it was the model number. It's 6VDWA339967B.