CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 04, 2004, 03:02 AM

sponsored links

nope
cause how are you going to connect it?
Old Jan 04, 2004, 03:48 AM

have you seen the back of the network adapter? it has an ordanary ide connection is there a war to format it for ps2 i am asking
Old Jan 04, 2004, 06:01 PM

yeh sure you can use a ordinary hdd. guess you did NOT read my post or any previous posts ive posted in the past on this, you should.

yeh you can even take wire (22awg) and stick it in the NA on the ps2, and take a ide ribbon cable and hook it up to those wires then have a primary and secondary drive, however this is useless unless your going to run ps2linux.

any hdd will work in it just about, Maxtors work great. you have to make sure your hdd has the jumpers between the power and the ribbon. all 3 of my maxtors fit perfectly. if your hdd doesnt fit right, you can actually take the NA apart if you got the right tools and make it fit.

ive ALMOST installed ps2linux, it was good to go but the hdd i was going to use wasnt empty and i still need that data, but it surely works.

there's nothing special about the offical Sony hdd, its actually hardware that i ASSUME is crippled to only work in a ps2. it has some special things but yeh its still a ide hdd (ata66).

btw, im starting to feel like nobody reads my posts here on this forum. not offending anybody but i seem to be posting for nothing :-/, might be a sign.

Last edited by neverMindNames; Jan 04, 2004 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2004, 06:06 PM
Veteran

Question is, what do you need a HD for? Been doing fine without one for years.
Old Jan 04, 2004, 06:09 PM

handyguy makes more sense, you should think about what you need it for. even for games that support it you get no real special support, its pretty much just extra memory space, that is if your going to use it for ps2 games ONLY. you really need to think about that before you go putting ANY hdd, Sony made or not, into your ps2.

o and yeh, the HDD coming out in the USA in the next month or so will have a disc for utilizing the HDD. it better atleast or you better not use it because if it goes wrong at all, your screwed. there is actually a disc floating around from the beta testers of FF here in the usa, not sure what is on it, but its out there (probably useless unles you have the HDD that came with the beta package)

Last edited by neverMindNames; Jan 04, 2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2004, 09:46 AM

I think you will probably be able to rip your cds to it for use in games like the xbox. In SSX3 if you look under one of the music menus it says something about "your library" or something similar.