CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 03, 2004, 03:54 AM

Default clone dvd probs

sponsored links

Well i was backing up some of my dvd collection using clone dvd and everything was going well, until I actually sat down to watch one of the whole backups. Its has all the menus, scene selections ect, but about an hour/hour and a half through the movie it just stops. So I go to scene selection and go to the scene right after it shut off and all I get is a check disk error message. Now I think clone dvd is just shaving off what it cannot fit on the disk (because the rest of the movie is not there, i cant get there with scene select or manually fast forwarding). SO is there a way to just get the movie and not the menus and whatnot with clone dvd. I need to figure this out because I just wasted about 10 dvdr's. Also is anyone having a similar problem with clone dvd?
Old Jan 03, 2004, 04:28 PM

OK well the program I was using wasnt the clone dvd by elaborate bytes or whatever that companies name is but it was some other imatation. Also somrthing is really ****ed up on my comp, any program that uses my dvd drive practically doesnt work. dvd shrink encounters errors when copying, dvd decrypter works sometimes, Nero 6 wont burn dvds from files on my comp so I have nothing to burn the files with even if I manage to get them ripped on my computer, dvd x copy goes not responding right after I click start. I am at my wits end with this and all I want to do is get rid of my dvd rw (well not really) but I want to make back up copies easily and with out problems. I would really like to use a program like clone dvd or x copy but the clone dvd I had would do everything on its own and seem to be working like a charm but it would not burn the whole movie, now I got the real clone dvd (elaborate bytes one) but it wont rip copy protected cds and dvd x copy just goes not responding after a few seconds.

Now I would really like some help here as I am going insane ...lol.

thanks
JAY

Last edited by jay95talon; Jan 03, 2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2004, 12:44 PM

use Any dvd in conjuction with clone dvd it will do the job no problem
Old Jan 04, 2004, 06:37 PM
Veteran

your not using clone DVD properly M8, the top option allows you to rip only the movie, or selected parts of the full disc eg the menus. Clone DVD will not copy a protected disc, this has been pointed out on the forum loads of times, you have to decrypt it first, if its an original disc it will more than likely then need shrinking to fit onto a DVD-r..

so you may need to use the three programmes:

DVD Dycrypter
DVD2one
and then Clone DVD or Nero to burn the contents

As Martg has pointed out above some programmes can be run Simultaneously and do the same job, I dont no of any programmes that "shave bits off the end" not without warning you anyhow, and then its left for you to decide, most of the programmes return an error message telling you the destination drive will not fit the contents on, or the disc does not have enough capacity....

I dont know of any "imitation" Clone DVD programmes?? could you post the name please.
Old Jan 04, 2004, 08:47 PM
Veteran

I think he means this clunker..
***********.clone-dvd.net/

Elby's CloneDVD is a proper program, unlike that thang.
Old Jan 05, 2004, 01:54 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Templar [/i]
[B]I think he means this clunker..
***********.clone-dvd.net/

Elby's CloneDVD is a proper program, unlike that thang. [/B]
Yes that is the program I was using and I like how it works, its very simple but on a few of my backups I made (well all but 2 of them) the movie just ended before it was really over. I even went to scene select and selected the last scene and it would just go back to the very begining. Also I double checked on my PC still the same problem. So anyone else use that program and have success with it? Its just weird becasue it worked when I backed up phone booth and originally it was like 7.xx gigs but on Pirates if the caribbean it didnt and that was also 7.xx gigs.