CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 03, 2004, 06:21 PM
Veteran

Angry stupid Kazaa!! file can't be deleted

sponsored links

Kazaa the hateful P2P but who can ignore it? It's useful sometimes.
Anyway, yesterday, I wanted to download a video clip of a singer. After the download is complete, the file end up to be incomplete and you know that when a video is incomplete, Windows Media Player gives an error message telling that it can't run the file. So I tried to delete the file but it kept saying thats its alreayd in use. I restarted my computer but the error kept coming and coming. I went to its properties to see if "read-only" is checked, its not. I ran the software Spybot Search & Destroy and i removed all the spywares but no use. The biggest problem is that the file is slowing my PC!! When I open "My computer", and go to the directory where the file is, my pc gets REALLY slow. Exemple:
the file is under D:\folderA\
so when i try to go to D:\folderA\games
The PC gets slow because i passed the directory where the file is. Plus i always get through that directroy. Please what can I do?
Old Jan 03, 2004, 06:31 PM

i had same problems in a different way. i dl a video and it was complete, saw it and i could not del it, but it say alreayd in use. i did same as u, restart and same problem. i got mad so i earse the whole c drive and install xp again. taht how i solve it
Old Jan 03, 2004, 06:58 PM

Have you tried logging on as administrator and deleting from a prompt - just I've found on occassion that del [filename] sometimes deletes a file that windows explorer won't let me delete.

Admin account is just an afterthought...
If that doesn't work you could try booting into safe mode
Old Jan 03, 2004, 07:09 PM
Veteran

wow fast answers

Well, the problem is solved. Just after I posted this topic, I went to my other PC to work on it but then, I was looking at the files of this computer(they are networked) , when I saw the file, I wondered if I would be able to delete it from there and it did! I deleted the file from the other PC. and now everything works fine

Thanks anyway guys....safe mode huh? man, how didn't I think about it.
I can't erease my whole drive, I got so many important files. I dont feel to backup them and stuff, so it's good that everything is fine.
Old Jan 04, 2004, 04:56 AM

I found an easy way to do it is to make a new text file and rename it the same as the problem file. Then copy into the same folder and replace the problem file then just delete it.