CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 04, 2004, 04:15 PM

Default Dvd-r media issues

sponsored links

Hi, having a few probs with Datawrite yellows 4x

Just gone thru the first 25 no probs with these, opened another pack, burnt first one no probs but second discs failed. So far ive tried about 7-8 other discs and all fail to burn. This is from trying to burn from an image on hard discs.
I have two packs of 25 left and have tried discs from both packs.

After doing all that i tried different media (ritek) and guess what, burnt no problem. So i guess that rules out a falty drive?? or can it be on its way out.

Im using record now latest version 4.50
Pioneer 105 which is about six months old
Win 98 and Win XP
Origonal pioneer firmware

After doing a search on the board and reading similar problems from other people's posts i noted someone suggested burning at a lower speed, so i started burning these at 2x and so far ive burnt 3 out of 3 no problem.

I also tried reading one of the discs that was just burnt at 2x to make sure i was able to make an image from that as i was worried even though the discs burnt ok at 2x it might not read correctly. That part came out fine.

So basically then what can i do??

Should i return these discs and say they are no good as they wont burn at the speed they were intended for?

Is there a reason they are now only burning at 2x, (assuming everything else is in order.)

Should i just put up with burning at 2x

I know you get what you pay for but still expect to get working discs, as a rule i normaly stick to riteks but got a few of these yellows through trades and all worked fine so decided to give these yellows try.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any suggestions appreciated.

Old Jan 04, 2004, 05:31 PM
Banned

i had near enough the same problemas you. i returned them to my supplier. i told him i wanted a refund as there was no point in me buying 4x discs and having to burn at 2x. he gave me a refund no problem.

i stick to riteks now so can burn at 4x all the time
Old Jan 04, 2004, 05:59 PM

IMHO Datawrite yellow 4x have to up there along with Bulqpaq !!

if you can get a refund m8, take it

in my experience datawrite yellows 4x are complete kak !!
then again if you have the time burn the rest of them at 2x and steer well clear in the future - i don't imagine it would be your drive mucking about

not exactly helpful but .......
Old Jan 06, 2004, 07:36 PM

thanks guys.
Old Jan 06, 2004, 09:24 PM
Veteran

Yup if you look in the media forum there are no shortage of complaints about the tempermental datawrite/bulqpaq labels.