CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 07, 2004, 11:08 AM

Smile

sponsored links

Maplins do a USB ****og & digital sound out that works well and not too exspensive.
A friend of mine used a laptop but after long periods it would freeze, we think it was over heating. He uses a small form factor PC now with no problems and with a small harddrive. Only loads tracks that are requested.
A nother Dj I know uses a Shuttle, fits in a shoulder bag with all wires, optical mouse etc in the pockets. He prefered the Shuttle because of ease of upgrade etc. he's even managed to fit a secound harddrive in it.
Winamp 2.8 & Sax and Dotty. works well for both.
Traktor DJ for the music. He sorts his play list before hand and save's it
On the night he hit's the auto play. Easy money.

Last edited by uncle den; Jan 07, 2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2004, 07:58 PM
Veteran

If only Winamp5 had the add to playlist feature of winamp3 but it will be added soon. I am going to add the Original footage vcds to the hard drive to fill in but have to use Windows media player for them as Winamp5 doesnt play them.
Old Jul 06, 2004, 01:03 AM

Default yeah.

actually i'm sure my winamp 5 plays mpeg ??? i aint got any origional footager but ive watched a vcd on winamp 5 ???aint those origional footage on vcd ???

anyone tried ????
Old Sep 06, 2004, 05:22 AM

Default HELP do you use sax and dotty show holster if so HELP

Hi keith hear hope some one can through some light on this.
As the money I have spent on my laptop gulp. Hears hoping it will not turn out to be a white elephant?????
I have a selection of cdg disks, which I find ok I have around 325 disks which is simplicity in its self as you probably know, the punter wrights down there name track number eg 215-6 . to which you can find and have in your player within ten seconds,
But now I have a laptop which is now loaded with around 716 disks ranging from all sunfly dkk sc zoom ect ect to which I have loaded into sax and dotty show holster.
Am I doing some thing wrong?
My problem is, messing around at home is fine but my night mere came when I decided to take my laptop out on a venue. The first person gave me a slip with my way they wanted so sing, ok I type In my way press enter and at least twenty to thirty different titles come up with My and WAY in the title so it takes to long to find a song plus enter the singers name I found that I spent most of the night typing instead of doing my normal show I found it took far far to long to sort out tracks is there a better way of using sax and dotty, or a better program? I will be going back to the disks for now until I get this sorted
Old Sep 07, 2004, 06:37 AM

Default Maybe this will help

I just started using Sax+Dottys in the last month (version 2.1.33)...it's a huge help 98% of the time. I have almost 30,000 songs and the search database works great for me (and I'm not the best typist either)...if you have all your songs named properly, searching the database isn't a problem. My songs are named by number-artist-title...for example "SC8162-02 - Brooks, Garth - If Tomorrow Never Comes.zip". You don't need to type in the full name to bring the song up...if I just type "broo tom" I can bring up every instance of "if tomorrow never comes". The more specific I am, the more I narrow down my results...say I only want the sound choice version of the song, I can type "sc broo tom" and I have it. I also had an ungodly amount of returns for "my way", but when I added "sc elv" or "sc sina" (depending on if it was Elvis or Sinatra) I narrowed it down to only a couple of choices. If I wanted to narrow it even more, I might add the last 4 digits of the song number instead...for example "18-11 my way"...that is probably the best way to find what you want. Being that the search is really a filter, You don't have to spell out every word (but what you do spell, needs to be spelled correctly), you only need a partial spelling. If you still have more than a few returns from your search...instead of scrolling, hoping you find what you're looking for, just click the at the top where it says "ArtistName", "TrackName" etc... and you can sort them in that order (makes it a bit easier to find a song). In the time it takes to play one song I can have 17 or 18 singers stored in the queue, so I find I now have more time to hangout with my regulars. I used "CD+G Autoname" (you must have KJ Pro to use it) to rename all of my songs, before I zipped them. Sax+Dottys still has a few limitations or things I'd like to see added, but over all it does most of what I need.

I hope this helped in some way
Old Sep 07, 2004, 05:11 PM
Veteran

The way I do it is a bit simpler and a bit more tedious perhaps but if you put all your songs into a folder and fire up winamp, point it to the folder and allow it to list the tracks then just make up an excel file in the same order. Adding songs is easy the same way.I can then have excel open on the desktop, hidden from view via my trust televiewer. Does Winamp have a playlist printing option? Just thought of that, off to have a look, lol.