CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 14, 2004, 01:27 PM

Default is it important?

sponsored links

i read all the tutorials about installing 120 gb hd, but i'm confused in some web site it didn't mention of unlocking hdd and some did so what can i do is it important to unlock hdd first then install on xbox.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 01:29 PM
Veteran

If the hard drive is brand new then it is already unlocked. Locking is a manual process, unless you do it, it won't be locked. A new disk will never come locked.

You only have to lock the hard disk if you want to turn your chip off, say for Live.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 01:52 PM

thanks i have one more question i'll be very thankful.please read this tutorial and tell me is it necessary to ran a xbox hdd prepare utility.please read the guide below.do ihave to make 6 partition in new hd using flashfxp tool and then place my new hd on my xbox.
5. Run the XboxHDPrepar utility
6. In the left hand window, select the drive that you intend to install in your Xbox

Note: Be VERY careful choosing the correct drive. If you select the wrong drive, you will almost certainly lose all system data on your computer.

7. Select the “Only 1st 4096 sectors of partitions” option in the “Zeroing” box
8. Click “Prepare” and let it do its magic!
9. Once the utility has finished, shut down your computer, remove the IDE cable and power cable from the HDD and take the HDD out of your computer case.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 02:00 PM

why don't you use slayer 2.5 in a disc then select format hdd?, i think it is easier than all that.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 02:08 PM

u mean to say it is important to format a new hd that us going to use on xbox
Old Jan 14, 2004, 02:22 PM

i think i read that it will make all the partitions necessary, you know, c,d,e,f,x,y,z, easier than ftp.