CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 29, 2004, 09:41 PM

Default G4 PowerBook battery not charging or booting up from

sponsored links

I have G4 PowerBook 15 inch Titanium (400mhz). Everything works fine except battery won’t charge; problem started while touring in Eastern Europe (220 v). In Budapest I could feel a slight vibration or hum while computer was plugged in, and a couple of times it got so hot that the fan came on. Sometimes the indicator would show a plug, sometimes and “X”, and sometimes the lightening bolt charging signal. Back in Canada (110v) battery charged OK, sometimes. Sometimes it would oscillate between the three. Then went to Barbados (110v) and Grenada (220v). Same intermittent battery charging problem. Now it seems that the computer doesn’t boot from the battery, sometimes. I have tried resetting the PMU, tried a new battery, archive install. Nothing seems to work. I charged my battery in another computer, and that worked for a short while. It boots the other computer, but not mine any more, even though the charge indicator shows full charge.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 05:56 PM

Lightbulb

had the same prob with my windows lappy the warrenty people put in a new psu and it worked dunno about macs if you can get a psu or it has to be a new board have you tryed going into the apple shop in london if you live near there