CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 28, 2004, 08:28 AM

Default Xbox media player help

sponsored links

I got xbox media player and sent to the xbox.I left all the settings in the .xml file default as I'm lazy and only inteneded player media from cd-r or dvd-r.

Now the problem is this ,I got dvd's filled with anime episodes ,yet xbox media player refuseing to play the one's at the bottom of the list.

If I click Iso960 or whatever it is ,then xbmp shows all what's on the disc ,but won't play the last lot.If I select dvd rom udf then it only shows a few of whats on the disc ,don't show the end one's that won't play ,when I select dvd rom iso.

Got Xbmc aswell ,and that does the same ,don't show all whats on the disc only the first lot.

How do I make either one of them play the last files on the disc ,they are encoded the same way as the one's at the start which it plays.I read ages ago about a 2 gig limit on dvd data discs ,but I thought that was fixed now.

Last edited by Haku; Jan 28, 2004 at 08:30 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 09:23 AM
Veteran

yueh there was a 2gig limit this happened to me but I updated to October build and now it plays everything on my dvds.

cheers

Jacks
Old Jan 28, 2004, 09:33 AM
Veteran

ok as jaskss says there used to be a 2gb limit on iso9660 burned dvd's

that problem has been rectified on cvs builds of xbmp since the august point release (i think).

I'm surprised you have that problem in xbmc cos i thought the problem never existed on that, but the later releases definitely don't have that problem, as i have several dvd's burnt full of avi's and they all work no sweat on both xbmp and xbmc.

also remember whenever you do update your xbmp or xbmc versions remember to delete the settings that are stored in the game saves in the m$ dashboard under xbox media player/center, respectively
Old Jan 28, 2004, 09:55 AM

I've never had ,xbmc on there before but it don't show them ,and xbmp I have it there beforce so will try to delete then try again.

I dunno what format the dvd's are in ,I just made a data disc with record now max ,so I guess there udf.

Ok I redownloaded a version from the normal place ,labeled xbmp-2003-10-29

Latest build I could find ,it now plays the one's at the end of the disc but only when I click iso ,when I click dvrom udf it don't show em ,aint really a prob.

Secondly ,the screen seems to be to big for the tv and parts are cut of how do I fix ? ,I calibrated the screen ,but that seems to be only for the videos ,not the actually menu.

Last edited by Haku; Jan 28, 2004 at 11:01 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 11:29 AM
Veteran

yeah thats a problem i'm having with that release- i asked on the xbmp forum still not had anything productive. will drop in if i resolve the problem
Old Jan 28, 2004, 12:56 PM
Banned

Are you takling about xbmp or xbmc? On XBMP it likes to stretch the image as a default setting. The fix is to hit the white button, three different icons appear, select the first one, I think it's a tv. And disable stretch.HTH