CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 07, 2004, 06:37 PM

Default need help connecting to my xbox using flashFXP

sponsored links

I need to transfer a file from my pc to my xbox. I have my xbox connected to my pc through a router, and my evox system settings say i'm connected. The problem is that when i run Flash FXP and try to connect it gives me this error message:
---------------------------------
WinSock 2.0
Connecting to xbox
Connected to xbox -> IP=192.168.0.100 PORT=21
220 Please enter your login name now.
USER xbox
331 Password required for xbox.
PASS (hidden)
530 Wrong Password.
Connection failed
Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
Retry attempt Aborted
---------------------------------

I used the default user name "xbox" and default password "xbox"
so the problem seems to be that the user name and password aren't "xbox" anymore. So i was wondering if there's a way to find out what the password has been changed to or if there's a way to work around it?
Old Feb 07, 2004, 07:10 PM
Veteran

ok mate just checked it on mine- and you can indeed check/ change the password in evox

you should be able to access a settings option- either directly from the dash or more likely if you have used a default evox.ini file, it it'll be one of the subdirectories in the "system utilities" option

scroll down- there is an option to enable a pass word, and below there is the current password- of you do decide to change it thenchange it and scrolll all the way down to the bottom of the settings, and choose save and exit (rather than just pressing the b or back buttons or just choosing exit)

reboot the xbox- go back to the settings to make sure the password has been changed- then start your ftp prog of choice.
Old Feb 07, 2004, 08:17 PM

thanks, that worked