CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 20, 2004, 08:12 AM

sponsored links

what do you mean by work from the desktop? do you mean you want to share your desktop or you can access the share from the desktop? to share the desktop you have share the folder called desktop under the user directory.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 02:00 PM

Cloudx thanks so much for all your help so far. My laptop is sharing with my desktop. Here is the last problem. My desktop will not share with my laptop. When I type in \\laptop I get this message: The file \\laptop can not be found. Please check the location and try again. I'm not sure why If it works one way why wouldn't it work the other way.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 07:10 PM

Assuming that you are trying to typing \\laptop from the pc, did you share your desktop on the laptop like i mentioned? on the laptop, find the desktop directory folder and share it by right clicking it and choosing share on the sub menu. you do have file and print services installed for the laptop correct? the laptop is running me or 98 right?