CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 17, 2004, 01:13 AM

Default should I sell my ps2 for a Xbox?

sponsored links

Can someone help me decide if I should get rid of my ps2 and buy a xbox?
I have an old ps2 and dont want to modd it. I was wondering about new xboxes and if they all can be modded and just some general info on how to make back-ups, and other intresting sites. like I said I dont have a xbox but am debating getting a new one. Any info on ISO would also be helpful.
any info on how to get started thanks
Old Feb 17, 2004, 05:27 AM

All I can say is I've had both for a good long while and I never imagined the possibilities of what I can now do with the black doorstop from Bill

In my personal opinion I'd get an Xblox in second.

Making backups of your originals requires a modchip and a replacement dashboard/hard drive in the xbox - once the chips in this is easy to do. Also transfering games from your Pc is made simple through ftp.

There are some beginners streaming video's on this site below - they're a bit corny and not in much detail but it will give you a taster

Code:
***********.techtv.com/screensavers/modtips/story/0,24330,3420568,00.html
Have fun

tef
Old Feb 17, 2004, 07:17 AM

get both. i agree.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 07:35 AM
Veteran

Probably not gonna get many unbiased opinions, but the two above have already proved me wrong

my views on this- for game range ps2 definitely- xbox only looks better gamewise when games are made exclusively for it.

If an all inone entertainement box is what you are after then get an xbox- i play actual xbox games maybe 20% of the time, 30% on emus and some of the pretty funky homebrewgames that are now being released, and 50% as a media player, which in my humble opinion at the moment with xbox media center, is the best standalone divx/avi/mp3/wma player. particularly with the xbmc team implementing streaming audio/video, so you can play movies that are stored on your pc, on your xbox through your tv- without the need for a tvout card for your pc.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 09:54 AM
Veteran

If you want a console for emulation then get the XB but for games the Ps2 is king. Ive got both and there really is only a handful of good looking playable exclusive titles compared with the 100s available for the ps2. If I had to give one up today then the XB wuld be the first to go.
Ste
Old Feb 17, 2004, 11:12 AM

should i sell my spoon for a fork wich will give me the most food...ha ha ha
i like the xbox for emulators and ps2 for games,depends on you and i think the xbox modded altheway costs more