CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 18, 2004, 11:59 AM

sponsored links

I think that the ps2 has a lot of support from 3 party makers that the xbox doesnt have. example: square. I have a ps2 because a lot of the games are excellent and arent available for the xbox. Also, for some reason the xbox just does not have that great feel that the ps2 does when it comes to sports games. I also love the fact that you can play most games online through the game manufacturer. Gates, the control freak and monopoly hound that he is, makes the 3rd party developers go through xbox live. i know that you can get around this with xbc and xlink etc, but you lose a lot of features such as game updates and maps. That is ridiculous. I like the xbox because you can use apps, xbmp and manage the hard drive. Like I mentioned before, I find uses for both. I would not give up one for the other. IMO.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:54 AM

once you mod your xbox, and get a new dash and install a new hard drive... how easy is it to put all your games on your hard drive? and can I put most of my PS2 games on it to?
Old Feb 19, 2004, 06:11 AM
Veteran

Ripping xbox games to the hd is fine- use either dvd2xbox, hddloader or do it directly and with more control (the two aforementioned progs always dump the game to a specific folder which is preconifugred in their settings file) using a filemanager such as boxplorer or avalaunch's file manager

errr... you would be able to copy ps2 games onto the hd but why would you want to anyway?

There's no point- you can't stream ps2 games from the xbox hd or from a pc hd fo that matter.

An xbox can't emulate a ps2!
Old Feb 19, 2004, 08:08 AM
Veteran

I wouldn't flog my PS2 for an XBOX, especially with GT4, GTA4 and MGS3 all coming this year.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:00 PM

Thanks everybody I'm just going to go but an xbox seems like the way to go.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 09:52 PM

gta3 was realeased for xbox. after its success im sure xbox will get gta4.