CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 03, 2004, 01:21 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

if you are good with pc stuff connecting and networking get a xbox if not stick with the ps2 i had to learn so much stuff to get most of my stuff to work
Old Mar 05, 2004, 04:07 AM
Veteran

Yup, modding an XBOX is not for those who don't have some PC skills. It is harder to chip a PS2 but once that is done then it is a piece of cake to do backups. Like several others here I own both systems and I concur with what most are saying. PS2 for library and XBOX for hardware. I am sick of the stupid fanboys who come on forums talking about how other consoles suck. The majority of people who own both consoles may have a preference for one over the other(s) but they still enjoy all of thier systems. Most fanboys only own one console and base everything they see of what they see in stores or maybe what they have played at another person's house. It also comes down to what kinds of games you are into. Contrary to popular belief not everyone is a die hard FPS fan. Halo is a great game but the extent to which some people are fanatical about it is just plain sick. Anways my advice is to keep your PS2 and just save up for an XBOX. Sometimes I debate about getting rid of one of my consoles but each time I think about it, I realize that as soon as I do that there will be a whole library of games that I will no longer be able to play because I don't have the system anymore.
Old Mar 05, 2004, 05:27 AM

Yep I agree it's worth having both systems - although the ps2 doesn't get much play anymore I would have missed out on some great games if I didn't have it.

Xbox can be tinkered with a whole lot more but games are the main reason for a console (not the only reason mind) but the main one.