CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 18, 2004, 08:37 AM

Red face new bond game problems, anyone else ?

sponsored links

hi

just got the new bond game, running it from the hard drive and when it comes to the driving missions it crashes.

there are 2 xbes tho on the cd, default and driving.. i think its switching executables and then dying, anyone got an idea how i can fix this ?

havnt got a dvd burner to knock a copy of it off

Chris
Old Feb 18, 2004, 09:45 AM

It seems like you have the WAM nuked (i.e doesn't work properly) version unfortunately.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 01:57 PM
Veteran

The wam version wouldn't work properly form dvdr or hdd and the insomina version only worked from dvdr. there's a [url=***********.nforce.nl/nfos/clear_txt.php?id=57967]Patch out now so you should be good to go.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 07:14 AM
Veteran

yup can confirm the patch works- althoguh Trefactor seems to have applied but can't get one of the levels to load- haven't got far enough in the game to verify that.

The fix i found contained a ppf file which was supposed to be applied to the iso and a default and driving .xbe's which you could use to overwrite the original default and driving .xbes's if you extracted the files from the iso (the way you'd do it if you had already extracted the iso onto the xbox hd)
Old Feb 19, 2004, 07:17 AM

I'm being tolde by a friend who's nearly finished it that he needed to switch to NTSC mode at a certain point.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 07:35 AM
Veteran

Thats something that tends to happen with ea games as a rule of thumb nowadays anyway

007 nightfire and Tigerwoods 2004, both only boot if the xbox is in ntsc mode-

its a shame avalaunch's auto video mode switcher caused so many problems, cos that would have done away with the need to manually keep going back and forth to the enigmah video mode switcher, but i think evox (3935) has a stable auto video mode switcher- i think- i noticed the option in the settings of evox, but now that its my secondary dash i don't tend to use it that often