CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:13 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

OK, it goes like this, Take the wire going from magic 2 reset pad and desolder it from the board, so now u should just have a wire that isn't connected to the board, but is still connected to magic 2, now connect that wire to one side of the switch...Then connect a wire from switch, same side u just connected the reset wire to, and solder that to reset point on board....so essentially ur going to be having 2 wires coming from the switch for reset, 1 going to board, 1 going to magic 2 reset pad...

Now do the same thing for ground, desolder ground from board, connect it to opposite end of switch, connect another wire from that side of switch, to ground point of board, so u got 2 wires coming from ground side of switch, 1 to board, 1 to magic 2 ground pad.....

Now after u cut that trace on magic 2, solder a wire from magic 2 to middle pole of switch, done...Got it?
Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:52 PM

But that about the same thing i did, but i had 2 wires coming off the Reset pad of the M2. 1 wire went to the circuit board and 1 wire to the switch. Same for the GND. Then just 1 wire from the middle pole of the switch to the leg of the chip. The Reset and GND wires are the thicker wires that go from the chip to circuit board but i used the thinner 30ga wire to run it to the switch so i wonder if that makes a difference?
Old Feb 26, 2004, 10:38 AM
Veteran

No that's wrong, U can't have 2 wires coming from the Magic 2 pad, if u do that, then the switch is null and void, the board will still get reset and ground all the time, so it won't work...

You need to have 2 wires coming from each end of the switch, 1 wire going to ground on ps2 board and 1 wire going to ground on magic 2, same for reset, 1 wire coming from switch going to ps2 reset point and 1 wire coming from switch going to magic 2 reset point....And of course 1 wire coming switch middle pole to that chip leg..... that way u can ground the chip "off" or keep it in reset "on" whenever u want to by using the switch....

I emailed you, but u didn't respond, I drew up a diagram of how it's supposed to look, email me at [email]zendragon@cox.net[/email] if u want to see.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:39 PM

I emailed you back. I understand now. thanks Check your email.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 05:59 PM

wired it up exactly as you described and it wontdo anything. The reset light will come but pushing it or the eject will do nothing.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 06:26 PM
Veteran

I surely hope u didn't mess up the BA chip from desoldering and soldering the reset pad so many times, also check ur ground.