CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 26, 2004, 11:12 PM

sponsored links

Ok i removed the switch and wired it back originally. It does come on and eject like normal but wont boot the dvdr, but i guess the cut trace prevents from booting dvdrs. It does boot original games. On the dvdr games it goes to the Insert a Playstation game" screen. So i can solder a wire froom the chip leg to the resistor (by the cut trace) to get it working normal again, Correct?
Old Feb 26, 2004, 11:19 PM
Veteran

Correct, it shouldn't be booting copies due to the cut trace....Yes u should be able to simply reconnect that trace by doing what u said, it's good it's back to normal, but, there must have been something u did wrong...all the switch does is allow u to ground the chip or not, it's basically the same as it ever was with a chip except u get to shut the chip off...

If u really need a switch, u should go back, recheck ur wiring and do it again.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 11:29 PM

I will this weekend. No enough time right now. thanks for your help.
Old Mar 01, 2004, 06:57 AM

Well the PS2 wont even fire up now. The red light on the reset switch is lit but pressing it wont do anything. The eject light doesnt come on when pressing and will not eject the disc. I did find the 3.3v wire lose(on circuit board)it but didnt help when i resoldered it. Also the 5v came lose too. COuld it be a faulty reset/eject cable? I notice if i mess with the cable the red light will go out until i hold it a certain way. Could it be one of the BA fuses? the only thing i soldered back on was the 3.3v and 5v leads. One other thing is the plastic connector where the controller port ribbon cable plugs into is broken. The peice that snaps onto and holds the cable into place broke off. I am using tape to hold it into place. Are there other options to hold the cable?
Old Mar 02, 2004, 12:22 PM

i have the same problem, except in my case i found my ground wire came loose. so i resoldered now pushing the power button will do nothing, but when i put the switch in the 'on' position and push the power, the eject button will light up but thats it.
Old Mar 02, 2004, 01:49 PM

Well hearing from other forums it sounds like a bad reset/eject cable. I got one for $7. So hopefully that does the trick.