CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 25, 2004, 03:58 AM
Veteran

Default Anyone else notice this?

sponsored links

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I just confirmed that DVD Shrink V3.1.x versions are all working much slower than V3.0 Beta 5. The movie I backed up was just under 3.8GB after re-authoring and ripping out extra audio tracks (so in neither case was the Deep ****ysis being used). With V3.1.6 I watched the MB/s go from about 5MB/s down to 1.6MB/s and it was going to take about 45-50 minutes to backup the whole thing. I had been suspicious of this in earlier V3.1 versions which gave me the same problems. I confirmed that something was amiss when I ran it through V3.0 Beta 5 using the exact same configuration and it took just under 16 MINUTES!!!!! After reading Lazaa's post about 321 software, I ditched DVD X COPY Xpress (which I haven't used in months anyways) to see if that would fix anything and it didn't. I tried removing and re-installing the program (V3.1.6) and that didn't do anything. I thought it could be a driver issue but that doesn't make sense when DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink V3.0 Beta 5 are ripping at perfectly normal speeds. So at least for me there is something screwy with the ripping speeds on V3.1.x DVD Shrink. I don't notice any quality differences between V3.0 Beta 5 and V3.1.6 so I am going to go back to V3.0 until I can get this sorted out. BTW I did also try V3.1.6 with and without the "Run in low priority mode" option on. It didn't make any difference either. I don't run any other programs while using DVD Shrink either.
I am also using the Samsung SD-816B DVD-ROM drive to rip the disc. *EDIT* CRAP!!!! I just posted this in the media section instead of the regular DVD Forum. Could one of my fellow mods move this for me.

Last edited by jesterrace777; Feb 25, 2004 at 04:02 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 12:59 PM
Veteran

Its not just you jester. It does it to me also, well at least on my girls pc. I havent really done any lately on mine. I tried it out on my friends amd 64 and it took 45mins...thats 20 mins longer than usaul. So I would say it the prog. btw, No more tmm?
Old Feb 25, 2004, 01:57 PM

it took me over 3 hours to rip a dvd, but i have my dad's old pc, 550mhz (don't laugh) is that why?
Old Feb 25, 2004, 04:34 PM
Veteran

How much ram does it have? Which OS? and which processor? (ie P2, P3, Celeron). Anyways you can D/L DVD Shrink V3.0 Beta 5 from www.dvdshrink.org they have a section labeled "older versions" and you can find it in there. BTW Mr. Snatcher, TMM is back up and running.