CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 28, 2004, 02:09 PM

Default Can not join AoC game on Zone.com

sponsored links

Can anyone give a tip concerning the networking/firewall adjustment I need to make to join an Age of Conq game at MSN Zone.com

Here we go: 1.8Ghz/512 ram/DSL Router (router firewall not used). Have PCcillin but that firewall not turned on.

Have LAN which connects through XP bridge to Router to DSL line. Games played from LAN host (above machine). Ports 80 and 443 are stealthed by XP firewall. So opened port 6667, a port recommended, and called the service: MSN game at Zone.com; assume this means it is visible to the game host machine.

I can see the room to join at, and can join the pregame group and can chat with potential game buddies, but when Host launches game, unable to join the actual game.

Am running same game version as game host. all patches to 1.0c.

I have genuine discs but have never registered them. Does this matter?

Please assist, thanks

hammers
Old Feb 28, 2004, 10:00 PM

Checking the router configuration showed it does have NAT enabled, DMZ disabled (don't know what that is). Could this be the problem?

It is a D-Link 504 DSL router.

Anyone?

hammers

Last edited by hammers; Feb 28, 2004 at 10:05 PM.