CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 04, 2004, 10:13 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

I tried downloading ADVDinfo, but everytime I tried running the program I get an error message, "Can't load ASPI32 DLL. Make sure ASPI for Win32 is installed." I have a brandnew Dell 8600 laptop running Windows XP. How do I check to see whether ASPI32 DLL is installed? I figure it would be since it's a new computer and all.
Old Mar 04, 2004, 10:50 AM
Veteran

If it is brand new and running XP then it is not installed as XP does not come with an ASPI layer.
Old May 20, 2004, 03:42 PM
Veteran

I've tried using Nero Info Tool and Dvdecryptor to try to get the information on the manufacturer of my dvd media, but they both keep showing that the manufacturer is unknown everytime I put a bland dvd in. However, after I use a dvd to burn a movie onto it and use the two program again, they would state that my media was manufactured by Richoh and so on. Is there a way that I can use dvddecryptor or Nero Info Tool to see which manufacture the media is from before having to burn it to find that information out? Thanks.