CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 06, 2004, 09:37 AM

Default xbox chip and hdd question

sponsored links

hi just a couple of questions regarding my v1.0 xbox

im getting my cheapmod today finally, but i seen the diagrams where it plugs into the board the header socket, but my chip dosent have the supplied header,

how dod i fit it without the supplied header,

also concidering i bought a locked hdd out of another xbox im thinking of useing my pc 40 gig, do i just fit the chip then run slayers disc to get it to configure the 40 gig drive ? will this do it all for me or will i have to format it myself?
sorry im a newbie to the xbox scene
thanx
Old Mar 06, 2004, 01:55 PM

So youv'e got a chip with just the solder points, yes?

...If so, you need to solder wires onto the chip solder points and then solder the other ends to the LPC and D0 bus points.

...Or do u have a cheapmod with a slot in the middle of the solder points? If so u can position and solder this straight onto the LPC bus.

...As for your pc HDD, yes, install it in the Xbox after installing the chip, run Slayers, simple!
Old Mar 07, 2004, 12:18 AM
Veteran

use wires. I would never solder a chip directly to my xbox motherboard. it makes removal a b!tch.
Old Mar 07, 2004, 03:16 AM

Do either. Removing a chip soldered either way is a piece of p*ss!