CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Mar 16, 2004, 03:53 PM
Veteran

Cool All Read ... including the webmaster!

sponsored links

As most of you are already aware, there has been a lot of dissension in the ranks here of late. This applies especially to the Mods & Admins.
Before I go to far, I'll tell you all this as well...

I was going to post most of this in private to the webmaster and the owner of the board (Charles), however in the time I've been away on biz in the last day and a half, all my privileges have been removed!
While I still retain the Title of Head Mod I can do nothing but post here in the open as a normal member, just like you. So Charles and Mr. Webby I guess you'll have to read this here instead of being able to read it in our Admin's forum. And here's the story folks...

As most of you already know I've been a member here for a long time and it's been a very large and important part of my life. While I haven't been as active in the forums since having taken over BST, I would hope that in my time here I've helped a great deal of people.
However it has become more and more evident that the owners and those that manage the board, database and server, have grown completely lackadaisical in both there attitude towards this board (don't give a rat's arse) and in the management thereof!
Much of this you do not see as it takes place in our private forums among the Mods, but questions go unanswered for long periods of time. The boards database becomes corrupted causing the board to not function, and it's not even noticed or checked by them for days. The Domain name comes within 48 hours of expiring and apparently is not noticed till I mention it to them! In short this is not the way ANY board should be run and managed and we the Mods and Admins have had enough!

I will also tell all of you this.. I have been trying to contact the owner of this board (Charles) for months in order to offer to take this board and it's database from him. Neither his e-mail address nor his phone are reachable. However when I did check Sunday night in the Admins forum I did get sort of an answer from the webmaster, and the answer was no.
In response to all the above, we have decided to carry on the CDROM-Guide tradition elsewhere.
[b]So it is with a sad and heavy heart that I announce my retirement and that of the entire Moderating staff here as of now![/b] It is now up to Charles and the webmaster to both run and/or find replacements for all of us.

Charles/webmaster.... it has been brought to my attention that in the past couple days my Mod staff has been a bit overzealous in 'adverting' our new home. I will put a stop to all that as soon as I can.
However, while I don't wish to have all my posts removed, as some in the past have requested, you can as of now remove myself and every Moderator on my staff form the board ASAP!

- Hoss
Old Mar 16, 2004, 04:01 PM
Veteran

yep get some other mugs to run the place for you,
they will grow as frustrated as what we have and quit eventually,
and i used to wonder why stealth2k quit this place to open up his own forum
well i guess i just found out the answer

[b]DELETE ME FROM THE DATABASE!!!![/B]
Old Mar 16, 2004, 04:05 PM
Veteran

Oh BTW Mr. Webby... if you can actually reach Charles and he should become so inclined, I am still interested in obtaining the database etc as I stated prior in my post in Admins.
You know where to reach me if needed.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 04:10 PM
Veteran

[B]***********.b*t-secure.com/cdrg/index.php?[/B]

*=s

It's a shame to see a top forum go down like this.

At least we have somewhere new to look forward to, and i'm sure we can make that even more successful than here.

You can delete me too for all i care, i won't be back!

Last edited by Marko69; Mar 16, 2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 04:47 PM
Veteran

I agree! This is my official last post on this web site! Unless something really important comes up and i need to post, i refuse to. Please delete me from the data base.

If any one wants me, I can be found along w/ mostly everyone else at [img]***********.angelfire.com/vamp/gg755/*********[/img]. I really hope your happy you stupid SOB's who "run" (if thats what you call it) this place.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 04:49 PM
Veteran

Yup. A shame to see things go this way, but remove me as well ASAP.

I'm through.

Thanks to all the members and mods here for the good times. It has been fun!!

Take care all and hope to see you at our new home.

Zack...signing off...
Closed Thread