CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 21, 2004, 02:13 PM

Default A different (I think) resetting problem...

sponsored links

G'Day! I have a (supposedly) self booting *.nrg image of Street Fighter Alpha 3 that I was backing up using Nero Burning Rom and it seems to burn fine but when I attempt to load it I get to the Sega splash screen and my DC resets. It basically does this until I turn off the DC. My other games (originals) load fine. Am I burning it wrong, is it a bad image, or am I using the wrong media (Memorex CD-R). Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2004, 02:15 PM

Sorry, I tried to edit my post but it wouldn't let me. Anyway, I also tried using a boot disc to load the game and that doesn't work either. Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2004, 11:07 AM

You could have one (Or more) of the following problems.

Are you using Nero 6? If you are don't and find an older version (The latest sofware isn't always the best)

You could have a corrupt/damaged/fake NRG image that does not work.

You might have bad media, Memorex always gives me problems. However some people claim it works beatifully for them.

If the game is relooping at the Dreamcast disclaimer screen, you most likely screwed up somewhere when the image was made ( unless you are not the one that made the image).

Either one of those or I am completely wrong
Old Mar 23, 2004, 09:32 AM

Hmmm...could be a multitude of things it looks like. A friend also suggested maybe I have a newer model DC that's causing it. Thanks for the input, looks like I have a lot to check LOL