CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 08, 2004, 10:07 PM

Default Winrar XBOX iso?

sponsored links

Im having trouble w/ ISO's and all here a lotta trouble actually. Heres the deal.First off when I used to create XISO's w/ XISO they worked fine burning and playing but now when I have used it I cannot FULLY copy a COPY. I use the new nero version 6 and when the game is like 90-90% done it gives me a error. But the game still works fine? Now my new problem is after I create the ISO w/ XISO the game is in a WINRAR iso is that correct? 'Cause now when I burn these ISOs to disk using NERO I get "game not recognized" error in XBOX.
SO basically I need help in the following:

ARE THE ISO SUPPOSED TO BE IN WINRAR ISO FORMAT?
WHY DO MY GAME GET ERROR NEAR THE END OF COPYING BACKUPS EVEN THEY DO WORK 100% FINE?
AFTER I CREATE THE ISO USING XISO, I TRY TO OPEN THAT FILE AND IT SAYS ITS CORRPUTED?
Old Apr 09, 2004, 04:18 PM
Veteran

winrar will sometimes associate it self with .sio files thats not really an issue- your problem is more likely to be with using xiso- its well documented over at xbox scene that it is flaky at making proper xbox iso's

i would suggest qwix (for all in one extraction/creation and ftp- works best if using avalaunch as your main dashboard on the xbox) or simplexiso if you just want something that can extract and create iso's
Old Apr 09, 2004, 06:04 PM

I have heard about Qwix and from what I hear it works great so maybe Ill try that, do you have to use AVALAUNCH as your dash? I use EVOX?
Old Apr 09, 2004, 07:37 PM
Veteran

no you don't although if you do then ftping games from your pc to the xbox (from the iso itself will take about half the time

you don't need to have avalaunch as your default dash, you can set it up as an app like you would any other app
Old Apr 12, 2004, 04:25 PM

Yes I see now I have been using the proggy and it works like a champ but Im still haviung probs copying backups, the method Im using is just a straight disk - disk copy, I guess Ill have to go w/ using stomp and extracting the track and then burning it to disk?
So much for that DVD-rom I bought....ARGH
Old Apr 13, 2004, 09:19 AM
Veteran

don't extract the iso- rip the the game in iso read mode with dvd decrypter and burn back with it using your dvd-rw drive for both- chances your dvd-rom drive has problems reading back ups (dvd and games) like mine

doing a data disc burn with RNM may work but puts a much eavier load on your xbox drive- i always reccomend doing the conversion to an xbox-iso first your xbox drive will thank you for it