CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:33 AM
Veteran

Default PROBLEM! IOERROR {errno 13] permission denied - AND BITTORRENT

sponsored links

I just recently started having a little quirky problem with my PC. I am not sure what it is. One of the things that I noticed happening which i never had happen before is that when i am using BITTORRENT and i go to continue a DL that i already have, it loads up to whatever percentage i have, then when it goes to download i get a "IOERROR {errno 13] permission denied"....and i cannot DL

what is this??
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:39 PM
Veteran

anyone?
Old May 10, 2004, 04:33 PM

Dunno sorry ...... Hope Inso helps
Old May 26, 2004, 03:32 PM
Veteran

hi its means that the network is having problems and to try later on
try and leave the connection open for a bit and see if it connects for you.

do you have any other problems with torrents or just this one your trying to download ????
Old Oct 04, 2004, 02:32 PM

If this is a multi-file torrent, copy and paste the files that have been downloaded to another location on your machine. During this process at least one file should fail to be moved sue to a CRC failure (Cyclic Redundance Check). Make a note of any files names which fail. Once the copy has been completed, delete any files which failed due to the CRC from the original downlaod location (or re-nme them) and try resuming th download. This should sort you out
Old Jan 27, 2005, 09:55 PM

Thumbs up

thx enigmus. You helped solve a problem i was having regarding permission denied error. Any idea what causes this? My download was going well and then all of a sudden i got Permission Denied errors. I figured the server was down and tried a couple days later, but same thing.

Could u help shed further light on what happens to these files as they are downloading that would cause them to be prevented from being downloaded?

thx.