CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 25, 2004, 02:40 PM
Veteran

Default DVD2SVCD not working properly.

sponsored links

I have converted and burned hundreds of SVCD's using DVD2SVCD. All of a sudden, the BBMpeg portion of the program is not working correctly. It sort of freezes while it is in the process of cutting the SVCD into chapters. What can I do to prevent this from happening or how is it possible to get this program to start working properly again.

Also, on a side note do you think this is a good program to use or should I upgrade to a DVD burning program (recording onto DVD-R media instead of CD-r's) or buy a DVD burner. Any thoughts on that would be nice. My main concern, however, is how to fix DVD2SVCD. Thank you
Old May 19, 2004, 05:14 PM
Veteran

dude upgrade it is so much better i have not had any problems since i upgraded and its so much better
Old Aug 10, 2004, 07:04 AM

mate I had this, I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled and it all worked again, make sure you get rid of everything when you uninstall cos I don't think it gets it all, you may have to delete something manually, hope this works.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 11:12 PM
Veteran

bbMPEG has a special issue: don't use in the name of the file (), numbers, -, etc. Only letters. Probably you used some of these signs in your late projects.