CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 07, 2004, 09:25 AM

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhead90
boot hdloader
press eject
insert high toc original game (cd if its a cdr-dvd if its a dvdr)
wait 20 secs
hit the install button in hdloader
place ur backup in the ps2 (without ur ps2 knowing about it in other words dont use eject button)
hit continue
give the installation a name
wait 5-30 min depending on which game

it is now installed!!!

Ok,

Do i have to use the knife trick or something like that to get the disc in the PS2 witout it knowing.
How exactly can i do that please?
Also do i have to use high toc or can i use any game?
I have installed a cdr back up on my hard drive but not a dvd ps2 back up.
I can not for the life of me work out why cdr's will work but not dvd's considering i have a chip.

Regards
Old Jul 08, 2004, 06:14 AM
Veteran

i swap my backups in using the hold eject method until u want the tray to open, allows u to swap discs then closes after 4 seconds. my ps2 is chipped with neo4 which allows me to do this! i dont know the function or type of chip u have so i would suggest to u use knife trick! dont ask me how to do this as there is a search facility on this board, failing that...GOOGLE!

u use a high toc original simply because if the backup has a higher toc then the original ps2 may have problems reading any data bigger then the original!

to backup a dvdr u do the exact same procedure as backing up a cdr except u use a original DVD game insted of an original CD game!