CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:50 PM

Default ridisc purple 4x G05 ???

sponsored links

I had a batch of the purple ridisc 4x dvdr 's with the G04 dye. Was very pleased with them and got a good deal on some more. But when I took these home and looked at them properly they were different. I havent got a scanner so will try to describe these as best as I can . Still purple/silver but the colours were different to where they were on old disks. Under the RIDISC logo it has www.ridisc.com on new ones. They also say on bottom manufactured by taiwan instead of manufactured by ritek taiwan. I got wondering if these were fakes or was it just a new design. I loaded up dvd decrypter to check the manufacter and dye type. Instead of G04 it says G05 . Now the disks say they are 4x . I looked on a lot of retailers websites and couldnt find any that looked like this and all the ritek G05 disk were 8 x and not 4x . Could I have been sold fakes ,
Old Jul 22, 2004, 03:20 PM
Veteran

instead of DVD Decrypter try [URL=********dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/]DVD IDENTIFIER

This will tell you who's disc's they are and the speed rating of them
Old Jul 22, 2004, 05:01 PM

He already knows that they are RitekG05 discs.
I wouldn't worry about it, it is common to find 8X rated discs mistakenly placed in 4X disc packages, especially with the shift in mass production from 4X to 8X discs currently taking place.
Where did you purchase the discs?
Old Jul 23, 2004, 04:31 AM

A local shop . Says 4x on the actual disc and the fact I couldn't find any 4x G05 discs out there was what got me.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 12:38 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesociety
[b]He already knows that they are RitekG05 discs[/b]
I wouldn't worry about it, it is common to find 8X rated discs mistakenly placed in 4X disc packages, especially with the shift in mass production from 4X to 8X discs currently taking place.
Where did you purchase the discs?
He aint sure what he's got, thats why he asked M8..

Norman Osbourne, you have said the disks have on them "made by Taiwan" you will know this is a country and not a disc manufacturer.. the disc's say 4x and you think they may be 8x, this again is a disc error.. these erors are sometimes found on over runs, or Fakes!!
the errors you have found are prolly why Ritek haven't put there name on them.

[i][b]Ridisc Products[/b] are manufactured by the Ritek Corportaion in Taiwan.[/i]
Old Jul 24, 2004, 05:48 PM

I have used dvd decrypter and dvd identifier and advdinfo all say it is ritek G.05 . Dvd identifier says they are 4x . I bought 600 of these as I got the purple ridiscs before and was very happy with them and decided to snap these up. I was thinking these would do me for a long long time but I will have to take them back if these do turn out to be fakes or over runs.