CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 25, 2004, 08:00 AM

Default CdLoader

sponsored links

Ok, so im kinda new at this and I never got a succesfull cd to boot up.
I wish to know how to make the Cdloader Disk to boot my games if its possible. I test the bin with my ps2 emulator and it works. But I burned the one .bin file that comes with swapmagic's cdloader zip and it didnt work. I used Alcohol and wish to use it agian but not sure completely how to use it because i dl'd it yesterday. The 30 day trial that is. I want to know how i can put both bin and cue files onto the cd. Which i think is the problem that you need both files into their for it to work somehow. I tried alcohol only it says disk not empty or already used blah blah. and it wont let me copy it. I turned the bin file into an iso using a program i have and i booted it on a cdr and it didnt work disk read error. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to make this cdr and what files to use.

Thank you
Old Jul 25, 2004, 10:10 AM

Default cdloader

Well i got alcohol and i buned the mds file...but i heard u need the mds and the mdf file together and whne i try to burn the mdf file it says Not Blank Cd...how do i fit these 2 fiels onto the cd for it to work in my ps2? im trying to make this cd loader work...when i run only the bin file wth my emulator it works....now im gonna try it without the cue file/ what am i duing yah

I have a game ssx the first one and its mds mdf i want to fit thsoe on a cd

and i want my cd loader too bin and cue.

Please tell me how to make these 2 cd's

PLEASE PELASE PLEASE PAELSLELSLPEALS PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! PLX
Old Jul 25, 2004, 01:17 PM

I know this is kinda lame but do you have some way of booting cd-r.....i'll just tell ya anyway....The bin/cue files are really simple...there are two files but burning one is like burning the other....All the cue file do is tell the program where to find the bin file...so if alcohol can burn cue file, just do that...it'll automatically search for the bin file and burn it....AS for cdloader, like i said earlier, your ps2 MUST be modded in order for it to work...MODDED means you can boot cd-r....hope this is helpful
Old Jul 25, 2004, 07:05 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for telling me i only need the dumb BIN file and not the cue file does that have the same property with the mds mdf files? and also i bought myself gameshark and now im looking up on the forums of how i can boot it. i have a v4 playstation and i have a iso copy of a game which wont boot using my ps2 emulator but ill give it a try....what do u mean modded... Im jsut gonan buy myself a flip top and also if gameshark dont work ill buy swapmagic cd or sumthing like that with the swap card...even though i cant find the damn pin.

Please if you can i would like more info.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 02:52 AM

yeah...that's what i mean...you need fliptop with swap Magic to get your stuff to boot....as for ps2 emulator, they don't work with games....so testing it won't even work....MDS and MDF is also similar to bin/cue....and...I advice you getting fliptop with swapMagic as they are easier to use...I have never try using gameshark but it's kinda complicate to use...the same goes for the slideCard...just get fliptop + SM....
Old Jul 26, 2004, 07:56 AM

Question =/ :D i know im getting that

Im getting that and the HDD loader they sell a whole pack with the network adapter and the software on www.linker4u.com all 3 for 127 bucks ...the hdd might not be good but i think it might be slow cause they are selling it all for 127 bucks and its 120 gigabytes. Let me get the name of it,Maxtor 120GB HDD (7200rpm)/// i think im gonna get usa ver and pal version for when i go to poland so i can take all der games :P.

What really makes me mad is i cant burn it right i get the .iso using cdrwin and burn it using cdrwin, i think im gonna buy alcohol, i dont know what to use But im new to mds mdf and if that stuff works.... sure ill buy it. But i can also use CD Image Converter to convert the mds to iso.... or was it mdf to iso the one bigger than 1 kilobyte.

Ok so i burned SSX ona CD-R and it fit. I put my game shark in Gamshark2 ver 4.1 and pwent to select game and then it told me to put my disk i wanna boot so i did so and i didnt work and i got mad i burned so far like 6 cd-r's.
You ppls gotta give me step by step directions with any program i can get that can work with these

PS2 Ver 3-4 ~spch~30001 6 black sqaures under ps2 and CODE: IC or 1C didnt look well.

windows xp
Dvd-r dvd-rw cd-r cd-rw drive that came with my sony vaio PCV-RZ40C1B
called: AXV CD/DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device, SONY DVD RW DW-U12A, and ASUS CRW-4012A. I always use the first one...

GameShark2 version 4.1 No Swap Magic Card Yet :P

what else should i put i got MOST dvd recorders even the clone cd but not nero and somthing with daemon in it :P ok ok thats it cya

PLZ THANKS!!!!!!!!!!