CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 28, 2004, 09:53 PM

Default help

sponsored links

Well let me ask does any one know enugh about decoding to creat a decoder for the cav's I would do it my self but I'm not savy with software, I'm a hardware guy. Or mabey could some one point me in the right direction on how to create a decoder program and I can play with it from there?

Thanks guys
Old Sep 08, 2004, 07:37 PM

Question Super CDG

Madhatter62

If you are the MAN when it comes to scdg, then I need to talk to you!! I am soooooo confused, not to mention frustrated. Trying to create scdg from my current cdg discs and files on my computer. I used the CAVS encoder to create mp3 and mcg files, and they will play with the PlayCDG program on my computer. However, when it comes to put them on a disc, I am out in left field without a glove!!! I THINK that I followed the directions properly, but when I click on SCDG Batch file, It is suppose to create a CAVS_MCG folder with .dat files in it. The folder shows up, but it is empty!!! Any suggestions???
Old Sep 08, 2004, 11:07 PM

Default Happie

You need to go back in your scdg folder and make shure that when you labeled your songs that nuthing is out of order. If you get one number wrong it will not create your dat file. I had the same problem and found that i had one two many zero's. If you need help just let me know how far you are now.

speed
Old Sep 09, 2004, 06:19 PM

Speed

I am just trying a couple of songs just to see how it works (before I start on the 7000 that I have to do). I have 3 songs, both in .mcg and .mp3 Format Sound from the CAVS encoder program, (which play using PlayCDG program just fine) in a directory C:\SCDG, also in this folder is the file scdg_encoder.exe. I think the part I may be getting wrong is the text file. I am using Word to create the list and saving it as scdg.cfg, this is how they are listed:

00001#I swear#Montgomery
00002#He thinks hell keep her#Carpenter
00003#Thats my story#Raye

(I was not sure wheather or not I could use , or ' so I didn't)

When I double click the scdg_encoder.exe, it creates 4 files. (SCDG, SCDG1, SCDG2, SCDG3) When I double click on the SCDG, it creates the CAVS_MCG folder, but it is empty. Any help you can give will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Happie

(Also, a thought was that the mp3 file is in mp3 Format Sound from Windows Meida Player may be a problem)
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:58 PM

Default scdg

Happie

Go to your c drive,click on tools, click on folder options, click on view and see if the (do not show hidden folder is checked) or if it shows (show all hidden files and folders). If it is showing do not show hidden files and folders you need to change it to show all files and folders. Then when you do that reboot you computer. And do what you have been doing and i think that will fix your problem. Allso you need to use notepad instead of word pad. I want you to try this as well in notepad.00001#
00002# now do everthing else you have been doing just to make shure it is working for you before you start making your first scdg. Good luck and i hope this will fix your problem.

Speed
Old Sep 12, 2004, 11:27 PM

Default Scdg

Happie,

Several things can keep your SCDG batch file from creating .dat files, as Speed562 has told you. One is spaces between sections in your SCDG.cfg file. For example: 00001# not 00001 #. Notice I didn't set this up as: 0001#Song#Artist. You don't need to do this, as Speed562 kindly pointed out. It works just as well listing entries in your SCDG batch file as:
00001#
00002#
00003#
etc. This way, you can make one SCDG.cfg file, and use it over and over by adding or subtracting song numbers. In other words, if your first SCDG contains 900 songs, and your second SCDG contains 910 songs, you can take the SCDG.cfg file from your first SCDG, rename it to SCDG.txt, add 10 more entries (00901# - 00910#), and then resave it as SCDG.cfg. If your SCDG.cfg file ever turns out being named SCDG.cfg.txt, just rename it SCDG.cfg. Make sure that there are no blank lines at the bottom of your SCDG.cfg (Notepad list). If it looks like there may be a blank line, use back space under the last number i.e. 00910# to advance the list down a line. Remember to resave the file as SCDG.cfg if you make any of these changes.

Also, as far as I can tell, every SCDG must start at 00001#, and end at whatever your total number of songs for that particular SCDG turns out to be. So, if your first disk contains 900 songs (00001# - 00900#). If your second SCDG contains 910 songs (00001# - 00910#) etc.

Good Luck!

Maddhatter62

P.S. Keep in contact with Speed562. He's got the routine down as well.