CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 22, 2004, 09:13 PM

Talking

sponsored links

Thanks to both Speed and Madhatter. I finally got the answers I was looking for and everything works fine now. But I didn't realize that each disc had to start at 00001. So this info will also help me when I start my second disc!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

(The hair that I pulled out will eventually grow back!!!)

Happie
Old Sep 25, 2004, 05:32 PM

Still trying to figure out how to decode.... tuff stuff... time for a beer
Old Oct 25, 2004, 06:24 PM

Default Succesful DAT file creation

I have succesfully created a dat file (that is in the CAVS_MCG directory). I copied this directory to a CD rom but the CAVS SCDG Player won't detect it. Does the CAVS SCDG player only detect commercial SCDG discs?

I do not have a CAVS 202 to test the CD rom on.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 07:02 PM

Default Scdg

Dannelson,

It sounds like the process should've worked. You need a player that plays SCDGs, and as far as I know, only the CAVS DVD-202G series players will play SCDGs. You say the CAVS SCDG player won't detect the disk, but then you say you don't have a CAVS DVD-202G to test it on. What CAVS SCDG player did you use to try and detect the CAVS_MCG folder on your CD?

Maddhatter62

Last edited by maddhatter62; Oct 25, 2004 at 07:55 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:44 AM

Default FREE CAVS SCDG Player for the IBM PC

Cavs gives away a PC based SCDG player at:

***********.cavsusa.com/SuperCDG/scdg_pc.html

The download is at:

***********.cavsusa.com/scdg/PlaySCDG_1002.exe

The instructions for the creation of an SCDG disc indicates that the SCDG discs that are created can not be played on a PC. Since I have never had any luck getting a response from CAVS I thought I would ask some one here if they have had any success playing a created SCDG disc on the PC.

I have never seen what's on a commercial SCDG disc. Do commercial SCDG disks just have a CAVS_MCG directory with a DAT file in it (and also a free player)?

I am VERY interested in getting a decoder for the DAT file. Since we have the encoder (from CAVS) someone could disassemble the executables and "build" (write) a decoder. Of course CAVS does not want any part of it because then commercial SCDG discs could be "pickled".

Dan
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:55 AM

Default SCDGs

Dannelson,

If you read: ***********.cavsusa.com/SuperCDG/scdg_make.html
you see [B]WARNING: Self made Super CD+G discs are NOT compatible to PC[/B]. I'm not sure how they're different, but SCDGs you make, can only be read on the DVD-202g series from CAVS. Also, though I'm not saying it can't be done, you won't find any information anywhere about decoding SCDGs back down to mp3+g/mcg format. It's a program that would have to be written, as you've said.

Maddhatter62

P.S. The free PC player is only for commercially made SCDGs. I'm not sure whether you receive this software with every disk you buy. According to your first link above: ***********.cavsusa.com/SuperCDG/scdg_pc.html the commercial SCDGs you buy from CAVS come with a player. You can buy commercial SCDGs at many online karaoke stores. They're produced by the major karaoke providers i.e. Chartbuster, DK, etc. I think CAVS provides the player online as a courtesy.

Last edited by maddhatter62; Oct 26, 2004 at 05:13 PM.