CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 07, 2004, 06:16 PM

Default stomp recordnow max 4.5

sponsored links

ive recently updated my dvd burner to a pioneer 107 and ive been getting a few dodgy burns recently,the films start going all blocky and then freezing.
im using 4x ritek printable discs which ive been using for ages so im pretty sure its not the media
im using stomp recordnow max 4.5 to burn and i was thinking that maybe its this thats causing the probs cause its an old version.
anyone know if this could be the problem? should i upgrade to a later version?
i was thinking of using sonic recordnow 6.7 is this pretty much the same as stomp recordnow max???
Old Sep 08, 2004, 07:07 PM

I have the A06 and have no complaints w/ recordnow 4.5. I'm going off of memory now. But everything should be on its defaults and you only make one change. Under options you change it to closed UDF Joilet for dvd instead of not closed which is the default. Good luck.

p.s. you might just want to use dvddecrypter to burn if you're using dvd shrink. I'm using it more and more each time. If the disc is less than 4.37gb, all you do is create an iso image w/ dvddecrypter and then once that is on your hard drive, burn the iso image w/ dvddecrypter. If you have dvd shrink it's even better, it will do it by itself if you choose the appropriate box.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 08:20 PM

Nothing wrong with RecordNowMax 4.5 - but a lot of probs with recent Ritek discs...

If your RecordNowMax only shows recording speeds of [b]Min, Med, Max[/b], you need to update your PX Engine (links should be available from the help menu). If Record Speed shows all available speeds, I'd buy new Ritek media from a different company...

Also, if you're using hacked firmware on your 107, try burning at the 'recommended' 4x instead of 6x/8x...
Old Oct 08, 2004, 08:35 AM

thx guys
where can i get the PX Engine update i cant find it anywhere ive looked on their site but cant see it

cheers
Old Oct 08, 2004, 10:22 AM
Veteran

just put: pxengine
in the search box:
***********.google.com/