CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:15 PM

Unhappy How to play miniDVD on PS2

sponsored links

Hello Friends,
This is my very first post on this forum. What my problem is that I burned a miniDVD (MPEG2 movie on a CD-R[700MB]) by using Nero. It runs perfectly from my PC's DVD-ROM but when I insert it into PS2, it displays the message that 'Please insert a PS2 format disc' and does not accept that CD as a DVD movie.
Please help me to solve this problem, moreover tell me if this problem can occure due to 650MB limit of the CD imposed by Sony, and if that is so then how to avoid this?
Old Oct 03, 2004, 06:15 AM
Veteran

Are you sure the PS2 can play MiniDVD, as there is only a very small minority of players that will play this format, and from what you say it would appear the PS2 does not support MiniDVD.