CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 14, 2004, 05:28 PM

Question I need help burning... cdi files

sponsored links

So far I've wasted 10 CDRs and I've only had one success (Powerstone 1). I used alcohol 120% with a Sony CDR for that.

I have a cdi file of Last Blade and I used alcohol 120% to burn it with a low quality brand. Everything seems fine. It loads a couple of company logos. After that a black screen appears and then I am back at the DC menu screen

Last Blade is a bigger file compared to Powerstone so that may have some effect I dunno maybe. And there's the possibility that the CDR I used is not the best brand for my CD RW drive.

Whats the best program for burning cdi files? I've read that older versions of Discjuggler are better compared to Discjuggler 4. And what settings do you use?

Is there a program that could check the integrity of the cdi files

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find any solution to my problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2004, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmu
So far I've wasted 10 CDRs and I've only had one success (Powerstone 1). I used alcohol 120% with a Sony CDR for that.

I have a cdi file of Last Blade and I used alcohol 120% to burn it with a low quality brand. Everything seems fine. It loads a couple of company logos. After that a black screen appears and then I am back at the DC menu screen

Last Blade is a bigger file compared to Powerstone so that may have some effect I dunno maybe. And there's the possibility that the CDR I used is not the best brand for my CD RW drive.

Whats the best program for burning cdi files? I've read that older versions of Discjuggler are better compared to Discjuggler 4. And what settings do you use?

Is there a program that could check the integrity of the cdi files

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find any solution to my problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
I have the same problem. they are cdi files and I burn with alcohol 120% .. maybe we should try Disc Juggler 3.5.. as for Nrg files. I have no problems with them....
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:19 AM

JMU>
It loads a couple of company logos. After that a black screen appears and then I am back at the DC menu screen

SSSAX2003>
I have the same problem.

ME>
Well, I've the same prob' (reset the DC Boot manager or black screen) with self-ripped games... But I already got other stuff to work... Hmm.. I had a lill' prob wiht my laser 4months ago- the DC wasn't be able the recognize my GD-ROM's or reset to boot manager after the Sega Logo, now it works fine but no CD-R works... (??)

I give up. I killed +10 CD's. Always the same result. See my 'Psyvariar2' thread (burned Sakura Wars 4, Psyvariar 2, Ikaruga, Soul Calibur with the same awful result, used audio/data and data/data burn methods, everal .BIN hack methods and so on).

-Suzuke-

Last edited by Suzuke; Oct 15, 2004 at 11:25 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 03:50 PM

3 people with the same problem...

I'll buy a couple of Sony CDRs and use an earlier version of Discjuggler. Hopefully it does the trick.

Suzuke, I've read before that sometimes the laser in the DC may need some maintenance. One of the threads (can't remember which one) has a website listed in it about on DC laser calibration [URL=********sysopaim.cjb.net]********sysopaim.cjb.net. But I don't recommend it since this should be a last resort.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmu

I'll buy a couple of Sony CDRs and use an earlier version of Discjuggler. Hopefully it does the trick.

Suzuke, I've read before that sometimes the laser in the DC may need some maintenance. One of the threads (can't remember which one) has a website listed in it about on DC laser calibration [URL=********sysopaim.cjb.net]********sysopaim.cjb.net. But I don't recommend it since this should be a last resort.
Hmm... I don't even get any company logos, only the 'Produced by or under license from...' screen, and then a black screen or it resets to the boot manager. Gee, +10 CD-R's!! +10!

I already loaded the website ya metnioned, maybe I'll give it a try this weekend...

-Suzuke-
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmu

jmu can you send me the disc juggler 3.5 with crack through msn messenger or yahoo? my yahoo is ggalvan713 and msn messenger is [email]saxplaya@hotmail.com[/email].. Thanks would appreciate it...