CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 19, 2004, 08:49 PM

Default Help please 3 in 2 wont go

sponsored links

Hi I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I can get 3 hours of film onto a normal size dvd 4.5g. I realize quality may have to suffer some what. Is there a prog out there that will allow me to do this. As I am trying to fit 9 episodes o f teachers on to 3 discs thanks in advance bob.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:42 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

You can get as much as 5 hours of video onto a single-layered 4.7 GB DVD in widescreen mode, or about 3.5 hours of full-screen video.

You also don't have to lose quality either.

Use TMPGEnc, load your source, then when it's finished, use your normal burning software and burn the newly created MPEG-2 file to DVD.

It's not very difficult at all, but it takes a couple of steps and if you are adventurous, you can play around with the settings in TMPGEnc.

I've crammed five hours of video by using the above method and setting the bit-rate up to about 3 500 variable.

The easier way is to buy a dual-layer burner, or if yours is suitable, flash it to convert it from single to dual.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:26 AM

Thanks For The Imput Insomniac I'll Give It A Go You Have Now Replaced Kevin Bloody Wilson As My Hero "ripper" Thanks Bob