CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 21, 2004, 01:09 AM

Default 137 GB HD Limit

sponsored links

Alright. I've been out of the scene for quite some time, and my xbox is doing fine. However, my friend just purchased a modded xbox, and a friend of his put in a 250 GB hard drive. I personally knew the limit was 137, but I also knew there was a way to get around it, as I remember that issue showing up just as I left the forums. Can I get some advice from anyone to help me figure out what I need to do? Is it a bios issue?

Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2004, 09:53 AM

Default info. for you!

Go to www.xbupgrade.com if look hard enough on this site you will find all the answers your looking for! ( Like a name and a number, and video's to show you how! ( plus some kick @$$ skins )
Old Oct 25, 2004, 11:29 AM
Veteran

Get a bios that supports the use of the G drive...then 137GB will go to F and the rest to G....X2 4983.67 comes to mind.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 09:43 PM

I have a softmod xbox, with pbl-metoo and evox, and everywhere it said that my 160 gb hdd wouldn't get read , only up to 137 gb, and i was like ok, but i did it anyways, and now i have one kick A$$ F: drive , whole 155 gb and the rest to E: and the cache drives, its pretty sweet that it actually worked, the only thing you need is the new version of evox and your set, this is softmod by the way !!, the way to go , cheap and as efficient as chipped box, if not better ...""LIVIN' A LIE'"

but yeah your right, you need a bios with g: support, its usually like LBA48 suport and its phoenix bios loader that has that support !