CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 07, 2004, 12:28 AM

Default Power Calibration Area Error

sponsored links

yes my dvd burned use to wokr fine i used it everyday now i get this error... that says

Interpertation: Power Calibration Area Error

does anyone know what this means can u help me ouit please...

i have a micro-solution backpack nec dvd+rw external burner please help
Old Dec 12, 2004, 03:03 PM

Have you added anything else to your PC? My guess is that your power supply can't quite supply enough current to burn a disc, although it provides enough to read and look functional. Try burning a disc with only one hard drive in, or any USB stuff unplugged.
Also try a different connector off the PSU, it might be a wobbly connector or broken wire making the drive cut out intermittently.
If the problem goes away time to get a new PSU.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 04:32 PM

I entered "power calibration error" into Google & got this from a Pioneeer website.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
A power calibration error is caused by the inability of a DVD-RW drive to use a DVD-R or DVD-RW disk.

DVD-R and DVD-RW disks themselves have information written on them, within this Media ID code there is information that the drive uses to calibrate itself to the disk, when a drive first starts to write to a disk it will burn a small amount of data to a calibration area on the disc, using the calibration information in the Media ID code, and then try to read back the data that it has written. If it cannot be read, then disk will be ejected and fail with a power calibration error.

A power calibration error is normally caused by problems with the media. Should you be experiencing problems with your drive or the media, we recommend that a disk from a good quality manufacturer be used to test it.
+++++++++++++++++++++

This suggests that your DVD media isn't very good.

NEC do recommend certain media for their DVD writers - go to their support websites for such a list.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 09:27 PM

i tried everything i finally got it to work. i bought very expensive disks when b efore i was use memorex worked fine must of been bads batch but i use sony now thanks everyone
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loud
i tried everything i finally got it to work. i bought very expensive disks when b efore i was use memorex worked fine must of been bads batch but i use sony now thanks everyone
Ha. I was having the problem with Sony DVD+R and my Memorex DVD+R work fine.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:25 PM

Default Has the formidable search function engine !

Digg's Founder Kevin Rose's another killer-up Pownce has lifted their invite-only status and added a ton of new features.

You can send files, links, events and messages to your friends.
You guys could visit [B][url"=***********.vcao.net/"]People Search[/B]try it out!