CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 10, 2004, 12:33 AM

Default How to burn a downloaded ps2 game

sponsored links

Hello everybody..

I'm from denmark, so my english isn't as good as everybody else's in here... But I hope you guys understand it anyways.. =)

My problem is quite simple, I need to know HOW to burn a ps2 game down to a cd ( A ps2 game that I have just downloaded, not a copy of a game I'm having on a disc )..

I'm currently using Nero, but sure I can download another burningprogram, if it's neccescary..

I wanna' know:
- Which files to burn down, after extracting them.
- How to burn it in nero? ( Data cd, music disc, boot disk. etc. )

And it must be it =)

Old Nov 10, 2004, 05:18 AM

If you've downed a CD image, or DVD-Rip (which is a cd image) and you've extractet the rar files, you probably end up with a bin and cue file.

In Nero choose file -> open and select the .cue file. This has all the right settings for the image.

Sometimes .cue files give error because of the location of the bin file is not correct. I usually make sure both files are in the same directory and in the cue file just type the bin-filename. No drive of folder specific info.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3L50L
In Nero choose file -> open and select the .cue file. This has all the right settings for the image.
Actually I'm not that sure about there is a .cue file... After I extracted one of the 35 .rar files, there came another .rar file, as I then extracted. And thén there came this "fifa 2005" folder, and in there, there is some files, and I'm gonna write them all down, just to be sure, what to do So here it comes:

CONFIG
DEV9.IRX
DNAS280
IRX.BIG
NTGUI_EU.ELF
SLES_525.59
SYSTEM

And then there is four folders, which is called:
ALOCALE
CNF
DATA
NETGUI

Would you please be a bit more specify about what I'm gonna do ?
Old Nov 10, 2004, 12:22 PM
Veteran

The files you mention are thet acutaul games files - just as would see if you stuck a working cd into a pc and browsed the cd rom drive.

You need to make an iso using sw such CDRwin, you can then burn the iso using nero although the files paths may be different to that mentoioed in an earlier post depending on the version of Nero you have.

When buring to cdr make sure and select data mode 2 as PS2 CDRr games need this or they won't boot

Hope this helps - someone may know of another way to do the above without actually having to make the iso first but not sure how you would safely burn this so PS2 can read it OK and likes it...
Old Nov 10, 2004, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk1team
You need to make an iso using sw such CDRwin, you can then burn the iso using nero although the files paths may be different to that mentoioed in an earlier post depending on the version of Nero you have.

When buring to cdr make sure and select data mode 2 as PS2 CDRr games need this or they won't boot

I have two questions for your reply... And then I have an addition to question number 2, you said "cd'er", I'm burning on dvd+r, just to make sure there wont be any misunderstandings

1: Where do I get this program to make an iso? And what's the name for it ? CDRwin, or what ?

2: What do you mean when you say "data mode 2" ?

(Sorry for my bad language )
Old Nov 10, 2004, 06:49 PM
Veteran

ok...well i can't comment on burning to dvd+r (only burnt dvd-r on my pioneers (a03 and now a08), as i've never done it, but i believe they will play on v4 ps2s and above...no doubt somebody else can be more precise

1. Get CDRWin from ***********.goldenhawk.com - u can burn x1 without buying it but there is a license agreement...beware of 'cracks/serials' as they usually don't work and u end with coaters as the sw is 'clever' and knows....

2. data mode 2 defines how the actual burning proces writes blocks etc., the ps2 requires cdr to be writtten in data mode 2 as the blocks are a specific size...can't remeber of top of my head what that is..just select data mode 2 and leave the other settings as default. This doesn''t apply to burning dvds though..

sound like you maybe need dvd decyptor (search on google...), you can make and burn ps2 isos from dvd -> dvdr no problem with this sw...search for tutorials on this site...good luck!

Last edited by fk1team; Nov 10, 2004 at 06:52 PM.