CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 11, 2004, 05:37 AM

sponsored links

You extracted the rar files and inside was one single file ? Could this have been an .iso file ? It appears sometimes asociated with WinRar. But the .iso file is the file you need to burn with Nero, not extract with WinRar. Load the iso file as an image in Nero, or any other burning proggie and burn.

DVD images are iso, or img. CD images are usually bin/cue. And of course size can give you hint...
Old Nov 11, 2004, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3L50L
You extracted the rar files and inside was one single file ? Could this have been an .iso file ? It appears sometimes asociated with WinRar. But the .iso file is the file you need to burn with Nero, not extract with WinRar. Load the iso file as an image in Nero, or any other burning proggie and burn.

DVD images are iso, or img. CD images are usually bin/cue. And of course size can give you hint...
Well, after I extracted one of the many .rar files, then there came another .rar file from the one I extracted. And then I extracted that, and THEN there came a folder named "fifa"... To be honest I'm very "unsure" aboutwhat an .iso file is :S But if you take a look on the overview of files that I posted sooner, can you tell me if there is any .iso files there?
Old Nov 11, 2004, 09:58 AM

Hmm, very weird. It's also very uncommen that actual gamefiles get posted.
Usually there's a lot of rar files :

game.rar
game.r01
game.r94

or

game.001
game.002
game.094

Which when extracted leave you with an iso file

game.iso

This sometimes has a Winrar icon, just like a regular winRar archieve.

But if you've got an actual gamefolder and gamefiles, you would need a tool that creates an image file. I'm sorry but with creating images from actual game files I have no experience.

There's probably a certain order in which the files need to be organised.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 01:32 PM

Default How do I burn a PS2 game I downloaded?

I recently downloaded a PS2 game and went I opened it it was a lot of RAR files and .r30 through .r56 and .rsfv. Went I open one of the RAR files there are:

CORE.GT4
DBCMAN.IRX
DS2U_D.IRX
GT4.VOL
IOPRP300.IMG
LGDEV.IRX
LIBPDI.IRX
LIBSD.IRX
MCMAN.IRX
MCSERV.IRX
MTAPMAN.IRX
PADMAN.IRX
PDICDVD.IRX
PDISPU2.IRX
SCES_524.38
SIO2D.IRX
SIO2MAN.IRX
SYSTEM.CNF

There are 18 RAR files and they are all the same fiile size. I need to know what files I need to burn.

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2004, 06:41 PM
Veteran

That rar should extract as an ISO. Did you extract the ISO again with winrar? Don't do this.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 07:18 PM

I did extract that RAR file with WINRAR and that is where I got all those files from. Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks