CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 30, 2007, 01:58 PM

Question help

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3L50L
You extracted the rar files and inside was one single file ? Could this have been an .iso file ? It appears sometimes asociated with WinRar. But the .iso file is the file you need to burn with Nero, not extract with WinRar. Load the iso file as an image in Nero, or any other burning proggie and burn.

DVD images are iso, or img. CD images are usually bin/cue. And of course size can give you hint...

On the version of the game ive downloaded there are 31 rar archives, do i need to extract and burn each one ?!

thx
Old Oct 22, 2007, 03:17 AM

Default How do I make a PS2 boot disc with Nero

I;ve been lookin' around how to Chip my PS2 but have heard that you can make a disc that acts like a chip.
If anyone knows how to do make a PS2 boot disc please reply.

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk1team
ok...well i can't comment on burning to dvd+r (only burnt dvd-r on my pioneers (a03 and now a08), as i've never done it, but i believe they will play on v4 ps2s and above...no doubt somebody else can be more precise

1. Get CDRWin from ***********.goldenhawk.com - u can burn x1 without buying it but there is a license agreement...beware of 'cracks/serials' as they usually don't work and u end with coaters as the sw is 'clever' and knows....

2. data mode 2 defines how the actual burning proces writes blocks etc., the ps2 requires cdr to be writtten in data mode 2 as the blocks are a specific size...can't remeber of top of my head what that is..just select data mode 2 and leave the other settings as default. This doesn''t apply to burning dvds though..

sound like you maybe need dvd decyptor (search on google...), you can make and burn ps2 isos from dvd -> dvdr no problem with this sw...search for tutorials on this site...good luck!
is this done using nero? if so, how do i go about doing it?
Old Dec 08, 2007, 08:56 AM

hi, i need help on how to extract game files

game part001.rar
game part002.rar
etc

i want to know how to extract these type of files and where to extract them to
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VapourB.O.D
hi, i need help on how to extract game files

game part001.rar
game part002.rar
etc

i want to know how to extract these type of files and where to extract them to
you need winrar

Just right click on the first file (001) and select "extract here" or if you dont see that option,right click on the first file,and open it with winrar from the program list

Or if you still struggle

open winrar,go to settings/intergration and where it says "user defined archive extensions" type in 001,click Ok

Then go back to your files,go to the first one (001),then try right clicking it again
Old Jan 27, 2008, 02:13 PM

Question

hi everybody. I downloaded Scarface the other day because unfortunately, I lost my copy of it.. Anyways and it came with a bunch of WinRaR files that i've already ripped and each one came out with .iso files. Along with the WinRaR files it came with a bunch of other files such as MSInfo Documents and a few other files that i'm not sure what type they are. To the point, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do from here on out and all the other threads I've looked at are talking about .cue and .bin files which I don't believe I have any of. I have alcohol 120% and DVD Decrypter along with Nero so instructions to burn this game with either of those programs would be awesome.
Thanks

Jess