CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 27, 2004, 04:51 PM

Default "Sponsored Link" Spyware. Please Help !!

sponsored links

I have tried everything to get rid of this. Almost every site I go to comes up with a list of sponsored links, showing up as a banner along the left side of the screen. Also, on web pages, any product or program name, even on these forum pages, shows up as a hot link to one of these sponsored links. I am also getting occasional popups, as well as requests to change my home page. I have tried Spybot 1.3, adaware se professional, Stopzilla, and Spyware Doctor. I clean everything off, and it comes right back. Whats also very frustrating is that these programs seem to find different spyware every time I run them.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:24 AM

You got a firewall installed? If not put one on, Sygate Personal is a good free one. Spybot will clean most of the crap out, if it comes straight back your explorer has probably been hijacked, so download and "Hijack This" and clear any registry entries that look out of place. Go into Run in the Start Menu and type 'msconfig' to clear any suspicious programs out of the startup sequence too. If your on XP the RPC patch or service pack 2 will stop loads of stuff getting into your computer.