CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 01, 2004, 02:15 AM

Default "Knife Trick" doesn't work on my PS2 [Please Help!]

sponsored links

Alright... my PS2 version is scph-30001R.

I got it modchip years ago. I dont know what kind of modchip or things about it because I bought this PS2 from my friend.

All I know that before I can play PS2 backup DVD game, I need to swap disc using this tecnique:

1. Power the console
2. Eject the tray and pop in AR2 (v2) disc
3. By leaving the tray opened and AR2 disc in it, double click the reset button.
4. Wait until it boot up and end up at menu.
5. Eject the tray and swap AR2 disc with PS2 original DVD game (I use Devil May Cry), then close the tray.
6. Wait for a while until the indicator light blips, then as fast I can select "Start Game" then "Without Code" until its say "insert game disc and hit x".
7. The tray will eject automaticly and I need to swap PS2 original disc with PS2 backup DVD game. The tray then will close automaticly after about 10 seconds.
8. Hit the X button then the backup Ps2 game will boot.

So, I want to know what kind of modchip my PS2 have and if anybody here know about this please tell me.

Futhermore, not all the PS2 backup DVD game that I can play, so I've tried using the "knife trick" and it wont work either. I dont what else to do...

Suppose I heard "knife trick" only works for unmodded PS2, I once thought maybe I should remove modchip from my PS2 then use the knife trick to play all the game I wanted.

But If I remove the modchip, and the knife trick still dont work... I got a problem to install back the modchip....

I dont know what else to do... so if anybody here kind enough to help me to solve my problem... I beg please....

Email me: [email]spamlessauxios_zoe@yahoo.com[/email]
*remove the "spamless" for real email address*