CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 10, 2004, 09:39 AM

Question PAL Games

sponsored links

I am having an odd problem. I have already searched this forum and tried what others have suggested who have had similar problems. Nothing has worked.

I installed an Executer 3 modchip and everything seemed to be working perfectly until I tried to play a PAL game...any PAL game. When I attempt to launch any PAL game it appears to begin loading but kicks me back to the main Evolution X screen after a few seconds. I am using Quix to copy the extracted ISO to my Xbox HDD. I have tried almost all the settings I can within Xlive Config without luck. I have also redone the entire HDD using Slayers Auto Installer 2.6. I don't know what I could be missing. I am going to try a different TV tonight as a last resort.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

XBOX: Version 1.0
HDD: WD 250 GB
Chip: Executer 3
BIOS: 1959
Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:54 AM

simple

use a region switcher, it will let u swap between NTSC and PAL video modes

one program is called "enigmah video switcher/selector(i4get which)" google tht.

then burn the iso(or transfer files 2 xbox) and load on xbox then select PAL OR NTSC and run ur game

cheerz
Old Dec 15, 2004, 09:03 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have also tried using Enigmah's video switcher. All that winds up happening once I reboot is the screen scrolls by very quickly and it also becomes black and white. Trying it on another (1 year old) TV also did not help.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 06:46 PM

try switching the region directly in evox...go to system settings in evox and scroll down till u see region, do tht n try
Old Dec 15, 2004, 07:07 PM

I also tried that. Same result, B & W and scrolling. I have also played around with the video modes (480 P...etc.), BIOS versions (currently 1959) and region settings. No luck. I am currently trying my third install. Although I am pretty sure that this is not a software issue but I am playing around with all possibilities. I'd like to believe that I am missing a setting somewhere but at this point it looks kind of hopeless.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 03:46 PM

Red face

So I found out what the problem was. I had enabled parental controls prior to updating the box and completely forgotten about it. Once I disabled them through the MSDash everything worked perfectly. Thanks for all the help.