CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 19, 2004, 02:00 PM

Question xbox questions

sponsored links

Hi just brought a x-box and wow how expensive are the games.....just got a couple of questions though
1. can I connect to the tinternet using my pc(ie plugging into a pci network card)
2.My son is six can I backup the game dvds and use them(ie letting the monster have the backup discs and not the originals.)
3. Will getting the box chipped(I think this is what is is called) void my warranties?
4.Is it possible to play copy games without modding the pc

Many thanks
Old Dec 19, 2004, 02:06 PM

I think you are refering to XBOX as PC?

1. You can connect to the internet using your "PC" and "XBOX".
2. Sure, I backup all my games but mine are LEGIT, I have ALL ORIGINALS
3. Softmoding will not void the warranty but hard moding will as your case has to be opened...
4. PC? XBOX no.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 02:12 PM

what is a soft mod? wHAT DOES IT DO?
I meant can I connect the x box to the internet through the pc
so it is not possible to play copied games on the xbox but you can play the backed up version?
Old Dec 19, 2004, 02:22 PM

copied or backup.. i dont understand? they are the same a copy is a backup of either the original or other copied disk.

A softmod is just a way to mod the xbox without having to open the box up. to me its a little bit more complicated, but if you screw the xbox up, you can always return it to the store and tell them it does not work and with no seal broke, they will replace it.

hmm I still think you will need to modify the xbox before you can use it through your pc.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 07:06 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13371
hmm I still think you will need to modify the xbox before you can use it through your pc.
Yeah this is true, you need to get evo-x installed with it's built in ftp client before you can connect to the pc, you will be able to connect to the pc for xbox live though of course.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:47 AM

Default i need help

i can see u no alot about the xbox i really need to find out where i can a dash board from, ive modded mi xbox and im going to get a hdd. al i want to do is get a dash board and instal ftp how do i do it? if you no can any 1 help cheers jamie