CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:21 PM

Default evox.ini

sponsored links

can anybody tell me how to edit my evo.ini file? i need this so i can add an ip address on my xbox so i can connect to my pc so i can back up my xbox games... thanx
Old Dec 22, 2004, 06:53 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky_peanut
can anybody tell me how to edit my evo.ini file? i need this so i can add an ip address on my xbox so i can connect to my pc so i can back up my xbox games... thanx
Evo x has a built in ftp feature?

Can you not just load that up change the network settings to what you want then enter that info in whatever pc ftp client you are using?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:02 AM

ummm... what? lol sry i dont get what ur trying to say
Old Dec 22, 2004, 03:05 PM
Veteran

I mean you shouldn't need to edit your ini file, if you just load up the option of network settings while on the evo x dashboard you can edit the ip address etc.. then use an ftp client e.g. flashfxp and enter the details then connect to your xbox.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:33 PM

i keep trying to do that, but nothing works... what egzactly do i need to put on flashfxo and how do i do it?
Old Dec 23, 2004, 04:03 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky_peanut
i keep trying to do that, but nothing works... what egzactly do i need to put on flashfxo and how do i do it?
right, first of all i would recommend looking at the tutorial at the bottom of the page, it explains all the smallest details and what to use for your setup.

I connect directly from the xbox to my pc with a crossover cable, im guessing you are using a router, i'm not so familiar with this option so i might not be able to help you.

All i can say is when your evo x is loaded up find the network settings option in the menu, it lists things like ip address and gateway, just edit these to what you want, for example my settings are 192.168.0.2 for my xbox ip, the gateway is set to default which will be something like 250.250.0.0 then you will see your password which should be xbox, if it is then your user name will also be xbox.

Now for example you load up flashfxp, you're looking at the main screen, just click session and quick connect. Then when that window pops up you just enter the following info.

server or url: this is your ip, so in my case it will be 192.168.0.2
user name: xbox
pass: xbox
then leave it on port 21 and untick anonymous. You should then be able to connect.

the helpful guide: ***********.xbox-scene.com/articles/network.php